Dreams and Nightmares

Hello Lovely humans. Here is a nice long chapter to tide you over for the weekend. Much love and hope you enjoy ;)

-

Draco knew he was dreaming because the last thing he remembered was holding Hermione's hand before he fell asleep.

That, and he was standing a perfectly cubed all white room the likes of which he had never seen before.

There was nothing but the blank, somewhat shiny, white walls and ceiling staring back at him.

Despite the fact that it was double his height and arm-span on either side the eerie white of the walls made Draco feel oddly claustrophobic. He spun looking for any kind of a door or way out.

"Hello?" he called. There was no answer.

Suddenly his leg started to hurt and from the place where Ron had cursed him leaked out a black liquid. It pooled on the floor and then began to rise from the center of the pool in a writhing mass that grew and grew.

Draco tried to back away and nearly fell.

He looked down and found his feet would not move. He was stuck firmly in place by the black muck which was slowly crawling up his limbs. Each tendril that slid upwards felt cold and slimy and send chills through his flesh. 

Wake up, he ordered himself, but the dream had him as firmly rooted in sleep as the black muck had him rooted in place.

The dark Mark on Draco's arm began to grow and the snake began to writhe under his flesh and started to rise up off of his skin. He felt it tear out and through his flesh and it burned with a hot fury. 

Soon the snake was it was twice Draco's height and he felt like his arm was going to come out of its socket from the weight.

The snake hissed at the black ooze. The black lashed out and struck the snake latching on to the living mark with long black fangs. The dark began to drink in heavy pulses, sucking at the snake like an oozing black leech. The Snake writhed and hissed and Draco raised his hands to cover his ears and froze.

His hands were so thin.

He looked up at his arms and watched as all the muscle in his forearms slowly began to atrophy. He tried to call out, but his voice made no sound.

A mirror appeared before him and Draco watched in mute horror as his body slowly faded before his very eyes. Soon he was nothing more than a skeleton. The last things to vanish were his eyes as he crumpled to the ground in a pile of bones.

-

Draco woke with a start and sat up. Pain lanced through him at the motion. 

"Fuck," Draco hissed and gritted his teeth.

It took a moment for the pain to ebb away to a reasonable level.

His head was aching and that just seemed to make everything worse. Even though  burns were almost healed, and  his ribs felt better, jolting upright into a sitting position still hurt like a bitch. Draco took a few more moments trying to steady his breath from the nightmare.

His skin felt cold and clammy everywhere except where he had been burned. There it felt tight and hard. 

First light was peaking through the windows colouring the room in a soft pink and yellow glow and Draco tried to focus on the fact that it was a new day-one that was starting off with Hermione next to him.

He looked over at her for a moment. Their hands had separated at some point in the evening and he took a moment and slipped his fingers back in hers. The soft warmth of her skin soothed him immediately.