Fights and Promises

This is a longer chapter, I hope you enjoy it and take some time to leave some love.

-

"Let her go," Draco ordered.

The older Death eater attacked again and this time Draco parried and lashed out wordlessly. A bright white light shot from his wand and sent the older man somersaulting thirty feet into the air before crashing down to the ground with a force that sent twigs and dust flying out in a wide circle. He did not so much as twitch after impact.

Draco turned to the dark Wizard holding Granger.

"You have two choices," said Draco. "You can let me have her or I can kill you."

"I could kill her," he said pulling Granger up. She made a small sound of pain and Draco growled. His chin dipped down and he glared at the man.

"That wouldn't be wise. The dark Lord wants her kept alive as bait." Draco circled the man slightly looking for an opening. "If she dies I can promise you will be put at his feet to answer for it." Draco stopped. "But I can also promise, if you kill her I will personally bring your body to him and lay your rotting corpse at his feet."

The darkness of his words surprised even Draco and he saw Granger's eyes widen.

"You wouldn't," the death eater challenged.

I would, thought Draco and he was almost scared by his own darkness.

"Would you like to put your life on the line and test that theory?" Draco asked and turned his wand slightly.

The Deatheater's eyes followed the motion.

With a swift elbow and a powerful twist Granger wrenched herself of Snitch-killers tight grasp and slammed her head back against the death eaters mouth.

He let out a cry and his wand fired scrapping across her temple.

"Granger!" Draco yelled and his wand fired off at the man sending him backwards into a large boulder.

There was a sickening crunch followed by a heavy silence.

Draco blinked and then ran to Hermione, dropping down in front of her. She stayed on her knees her hand clutching her temple.

She stayed almost perfectly still.

"Are you alright?" he asked and she yanked away from his fingers.

"Don't touch me," she ordered.

Draco ground his teeth.

She doesn't care that you just saved her. Everything you did and she still hates you.

You should have let them have her. He stopped that last thought immediately.

That was how the old Draco thought, tit-for-tat, revenge and anger. That was not who he was now.

You will not think that, he ordered himself. She Deserves to be saved. No matter what she does, no matter how much she hates you SHE still deserves to be saved.

Draco got up and walked over to the fallen death eater by the great boulder. He checked the man's pulse, finding one he stood back and cast obliviate. He took the man's wand and tossed it far into the woods. Then he went over to the older death eater and checked his pulse. There was nothing.

You just killed a man.

A chill brushed across Draco's skin.

I didn't mean to...

It doesn't matter what you meant to do what matters is that there is a dead body in front of you and you are to blame.

Draco felt his heart ratchet in his chest and a headache begin to pound in his temples and behind his eyes.