Deatheater's Bane

Good morning everyone. Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! I meant to post last night but fell asleep with my laptop, mid-edits so you get them this morning instead.

-

"Draco!" Hermione called out for him as panic welled in her chest next to pain radiating through the bind.

What was going on?

Where was he?

Why was he in pain?

"Draco!" she doubled over gripping the back of his desk chair until her knuckles turned white.

She had already nearly lost him once, she wasn't about to loose him again.

The pain eased for a moment and Hermione blinked.

She needed her wand.

She needed to find him...save him... as he had saved her so many times before...

Pain slammed into her again.

"Aaaaaargh...." she gripped her head.

Where was he?

"Draco," she ground out his name. "Where the hell are you? Don't you dare leave me."

If anything happened...he would never know she cared. 

You did told him, he didn't hear you.

Because you failed to reached him.

Another wave of pain hit her accompanied with an overwhelming sense of desperation. He was desperate for something....practically screaming for something that he needed.

She needed to get to him, but the pain made it impossible to move and so Hermione did something that she had never done before.

She called for help not from Draco, but for Draco.

"Help!" she screamed it at the top of her lungs "Someone please help." She crouched over and then her knees buckled.

Where was her wand? She would crawl to it.

She could barely think through the pain.

 A woman's scream pierced the air.

Hermione clawed her way to the window, stumbling she looked out to see Bellatrix holding Draco's limp body, surrounded by a pool of black, and screaming for Narcissa.

"No, no, no," Hermione shook her head pushing herself up and standing once more.

She needed to go to him...and couldn't...not with them there.

Narcissa appeared beside Bellatrix  in an instant and started yelling. She grabbed hold of Draco, shaking him. 

Even from the distance Hermione could see that he was non-responsive.

In a swirl of black Narcissa apparated with them both. An instant later she was in the same room as Hermione carrying her son over to the bed.

Draco's name tore from Hermione's lips as she reached out towards him. She needed to touch him...whatever was wrong she needed to fix it.

Narcissa's eyes were wild and searched Hermione's face seeking an answer.

There was no time for Hermione to ask, or to explain before Bellatrix appeared between them, her face contorted with rage.

"You!" she screamed at Hermione. "What have you done to my beautiful nephew!?" Bellatrix lashed out and Hermione screamed in pain as the curse hit her.