The Sweet Taste of Dreams

Merry Christmas and happy yule. I hope everyone had a lovely day. Posting before bed for you all. Wishing you the best, I know this time is hard. Hopefully a nice chapter can help even  if its just a little. Much love.

Warning, steam ahead...

-

The wind in the oasis was soft and warm. 

Draco stood on the edge of the dock looking out over the water as the sunset glowed setting slowly in the distance colouring the sky in hues of orange and deep purple. Little white clouds floated catching all the colours so they looked like cotton candy in the air.

He breathed in deeply.

This was where he was meant to be, in his oasis, safe and warm and away from all the troubles of the world.

"Aren't you going to come in?" A familiar voice called to him startling Draco from his thoughts.

The voice had come from bellow him and Draco looked down at the bottom of the dock to see Hermione treading water just a few feet in front of him. 

Through the soft ripples of the crystal clear water he could see that she was clad in a soft white bikini with yellow daisies. It was sweet and sexy in an almost innocent way.

It still made his throat go dry.

"I don't have anything to wear," he answered back when he could find his voice.

"Sure you do," she said with a smile. "You're wearing swim trunks aren't you?" she laughed.

Draco looked down and found himself all at once wearing a pair of long blue board shorts. 

He had been fully clothed just a moment ago.

It's a dream, he realized and closed his eyes feeling a little wave of sadness like the ripples of the water beneath him they lapped at his soul.

"Are you coming in Draco?" she asked and splashed water up at him smiling.

He couldn't help smiling back.

Fuck it, he thought. I don't care if its a dream.

She was here and so that's where he wanted to be.

He would rather dream of her than anything else in the world.

"Jump in why don't you?" called Hermione with a wave of her arm. 

Draco smiled mischievously at her, wriggling his eyebrow. He took two gigantic steps and leaped into the water entering with a graceful dive just inches from where she had been treading water.

He heard her let out a little shriek just before he pierced the water, and if he was not mistaken a giggle had followed it.

 When he surfaced he whipped his hair around shaking the water off and looking at Hermione.

"Show off," she said with a wry smile and gave his shoulder a playful punch before wrapping her arms around his shoulders. She smiled and kissed him. Draco kissed her back.

He felt it, and yet it wasn't enough.

Suddenly they were on the couch in the tiny hut on his island. 

The fire was blazing behind them. Draco fisted his hands in her hair and kissed her, but he couldn't feel her there with him. He knew he was kissing her, and yet he couldn't taste her. He couldn't feel her lips-couldn't recreate in his sleeping mind how it felt to kiss her in real life...because nothing felt like the reality of her lips.

It was agony that he had her there with him without the feel her in his hands. The sensation of touched dampened to the point of torture, so that he felt as if he were holding her through fuzzy mittens.

"Please, just let me kiss you for real," he said softly with his eyes closed. When he opened them again the scene had changed and he was laying in his bed with Hermione looking up at him.