Exposition on Positions

This was originally going to be two chapters but since people seem to be enjoying the longer ones I decided to let it just be one chapter so that you all could start your Monday with Draco and Hermione back in the same room instead of just a Draco and Fred chapter. Hope you Enjoy.

-

Draco proceeded to tell Fred the cliff notes version of everything that had transpired since that first night when the chandelier came crashing down. He left out the times that Hermione had been attacked, not because he was worried about Fred being upset with him personally, but because he knew Granger wouldn't want him to go blabbing about those moments.

Those were her secrets to tell not his.

Draco knew Hermione cared about what others or more specifically what her friends thought of her and she would appreciate his discretion. If need be she would tell who she wanted to about it. However, Draco got the feeling that Fred was not among those she would sit down with for a heart to heart about the times she had almost been raped.

"The Dark Lord doesn't know about any of this," finished Draco. "He thinks that I am using Granger as my sexual play thing and my personal entertainment for daily torture." He looked at Fred willing him to believe and understand.

"She thinks you're dead and blames herself for that fact." Draco's shoulder rose and fell with a deep breath. "I didn't let her know that you were alive because you were completely unconscious and on deaths door step. I don't want her to go through loosing you twice and have to carry that."

He saw Fred's face change as he processed that last bit of information and a flicker of hope that Fred might actually really be listening burst to life.

The words tumbled out faster, as if wanting to escape while the window of listening was still open.

"It's too dangerous to send word out in an owl and all the fireplaces are locked so your family likely thinks you're dead still too," Draco rubbed his face. "I thought you were dead until I saw your chest rise and checked for a pulse," Draco swallowed. "I'm not a healer, and I did as best I could, but I couldn't save your eye. I don't know if anyone actually could. It was pretty bad."

Fred shifted and looked down towards his lap.

Draco felt a sudden and strange urge to comfort Fred. 

He's a Weasely, his mind shouted. You shouldn't give a damn about his feelings-only whether or not you can convince him to help you and Hermione.

No one deserves to get maimed like he did trying to do what was right, he mentally answered back.

When Draco looked back Fred was eyeing him curiously which let Draco know he had been silent for longer than planned. 

"With all that said," Draco continued trying to focus on the task at hand. "When you're fit enough to travel I need you to leave this place and tell your friends when and where to attack and that when they come in they are to take both Hermione...and myself."

Fred raised an eyebrow, clearly looking for a little more of an explanation, which Draco proceeded to give.

"It's the only way that I can get away from this place without the Dark Lord killing my parents." Draco felt oddly shaky talking so openly and for such a length to Fred.

Draco didn't talk to people like this.

He didn't open up like this.

He was speaking to Fred...

Because of Hermione, he argued at himself.

He would only do something like this for Hermione.

Because you love her...

Draco paused. He had said all that he could say and felt like if he tried to say more it would only come out wrong or make things worse. 

The silence on the other end of the 'conversation' had begun to weigh on Draco. A part of him needed to know if Fred was willing to believe anything at all.

"I'm going to let you speak now. Alright?"

Fred nodded and Draco removed the spell with a flick of his wrist.