The Order-Part 1

AUTHORS NOTE: I did the math and counted it out to make sure I had it right. Hermione has been at the mansion for 14 days as of last chapter and Fred hitting Draco in the jaw. It's a long time but it's also a short time considering how much has happened. 

Here is what has been happening for Fred and everyone else.

-

Two Weeks ago: The Night of the Chandelier

Harry, Ron and the rest of the group hit solid earth and smelled salty air. Harry fell to his knees, relinquished Dobby's hand. Ron landed at a jarring angle letting out a cry.

"Hermione!" Ron yelled still staring out at the spot where she had last been before they had apparated away. "Hermione!" he called out her name again. Desperation pumped through ever fiber of his being. How could they be here without her? How could they have left her behind?

"It's no use Ron," said Harry from behind him. "She can't hear you." Harry attempted to lower Griphook gently to the ground. Griphook merely whimpered. Harry squinted around through the darkness. There seemed to be a cottage a short way away under the wide, starry sky, and he thought he saw movement outside it.

"We have to go back!" cried Ron.

"We will," said Harry. "Dobby, is this shell cottage?" Harry was reeling. He felt in shock. He needed Hermione. "Have we come to the right place Dobby?" he asked trying to focus on the present.

"I don't care if we're in bloody Timbuktu!" cried Ron. "We need to go back there now and get Hermione"

"Dobby, can you go back and get Hermio-" Harry started and then stopped. His eyes landed on Dobby. The little elf stood feet from him. "DOBBY!"

The Elf swayed slightly, stars reflected in his wide shining eyes. Together he and Harry looked down at the silver hilt of the knife protruding from the elf's heaving chest.

"Dobby-no-HELP!" Harry bellowed towards the cottage, towards the people moving there.

He did not know or care if they were wizards or muggles, friends or foes; all he cared about was that a dark stain was spreading across Dobby's front, and that he had stretched out his arms to Harry with a look of supplication. Harry caught him and laid him sideways on the cool grass.

"Dobby, no, don't die, don't die-"

The elf's eyes found him, and his lips trembled with the effort to form words.

"Harry...Pottter..."

"Dobby, hold on," said Harry.

"No, no, no, no," said Ron fisting his hands in his hair.

"Such a beautiful place..." said Dobby, his voice soft. "To be with friends...Dobby is happy to be with his friend...Harry Potter"

There was a silence and Harry bowed his head as the little elf's eyes closed one final time.

Bill and Fleur came from the cottage having heard the yells, but Harry heard nothing but the roar of the ocean in his ears and the pain in his heart.

"We have to go back," Ron said after a moment, pulling Harry from his state of shock.

Harry remained silent.

"We have to go back!" Ron said louder.

"Ron," Luna put a hand on his shoulder. "Harry needs a minute."

"We don't have a minute!" Yelled Ron and he stomped towards Harry. Bill stepped in front of him. "Let go of me!"

"Ron, Harry's friend just died," said Luna.