Sick

This chapter definitely grew while I was editing. I hope you enjoy it. One of my longest ones yet...and possibly one of the creepiest...

-

The tunnel appeared to have neither start nor end. Draco could not remember how he had gotten here. What he did know was that he had to get out. He looked left, then right. The rounded surfaces of the tunnel were covered in an array of cobwebs at every angle.

A shudder ran down Draco's spine.

Something small and back darted past his foot and Draco nearly jumped out of his skin.

A spider.

This is a spiders hole, a trickle of fear. Draco was not afraid of spiders per-say...however he did not want to be stuck in a tunnel surrounded by webs.

The tunnel was tall enough that he could stand without crouching, and the light fog in the air reminded Draco of the forbidden forest place he hated more than anywhere else in the world.

How had he ended up in the forbidden forest? He wracked his mind trying to remember.

Was Hermione here?

Had he come to rescue her?

"Hermione?" he called out her name.

A cool wet breeze was his only answer. It slid over his skin and which crawled with the desire to get the hell out of the tunnel. He looked to his left again.

Was it darker or lighter that way?

He looked to the right. It was a little lighter that way. Draco moved as quickly as he could towards the light. Yet, this light didn't feel warm; it didn't feel like the light he had seen before Hermione had called him back. 

Something in the dark on the floor tripped Draco and he stumbled forward catching himself with one hand against the side of the tunnel. When he moved to right himself his hand stuck firmly in place.

"No," he said aloud and yanked hard on his hand, so hard he could feel pain lance through his wrist, elbow and shoulder simultaneously.

His hand remained firmly in place.

A second sensation took Draco's attention away from his hand as he felt a cold, slimy substance run down his back.  He writhed trying to pull away from the wall and get away from whatever was slowly sliding a snail trail of cool slime down his back. 

Draco reached for his wand. 

His hand came up empty.

"Where the hell is my wand?" 

He muttered and began checking every pocket in his clothing all the while the slime continued down so that it nearing the bottom of his back.

 He needed his wand. His wand was special, it was on his side.

Draco reached around behind him and placed his hand flat against his back in an attempt to slow the cold decent.

A spider slipped up from the floor, beneath his pant leg and began crawling upward. Draco jumped back kicking his foot out in an attempt to shake the spider off. 

His footing faltered and he stumbled back so that his back slammed against the sticky wall the slime flattened with terrible squishing sensation and he felt the sticky material seep through his clothing and on to his hand at his back.

"Fuck!" he called out.

Draco wriggled, his hand now stuck behind him along with his back against the wall. The angles were all painful. He tried to move to no avail.  The white cobwebs slowly began to turn black, their thin lines dripping with the same ooze that he had seen come out of his leg.