The Illusion

A reminder not to read this chapter unless you have read the story's trigger warning. This chapter is one of the most important in the entire story. 

This chapter changes everything. I hope you enjoy.

-

Hermione cried out as the blow struck her cheek.  It was more shock than pain. The slap wasn't near as hard as the one he had done in front of everyone else, but she was too distracted by the circumstances to notice.

How could he do this to me? After everything he has said. This isn't protecting me.

This was worse than death.

She would rather die.

Anything else she could survive, but not this.

She had to get away. She didn't care about the consequences. She needed to run. 

She needed to escape this.

Hermione kicked hard at Draco's leg twisting. 

He let go swearing profusely.

Hermione made it two steps on the stairs before she felt a hand fist in her hair. He yanked and she toppled backwards. 

Her hands went up to her own hair to try and pry his hand free. Her scalp was burning. Draco began walking up the stairs.

She dug her nails into the flesh of his hand and he hissed in pain, but didn't let go. His grip was like a vice. Totally unyielding. 

She struggled, her hair pulling at the roots.

"Draco please!" She cried again as they came to his room.

This can't happen.

Not him...

Draco threw her over the threshold into his room and she shrieked.

He pointed the wand at her and Hermione braced for whatever was to come.

"Speculum vocem" he cast quietly and a light come from his wand creating a ball at her vocal chords.

Hermione blinked and reached up towards her throat as she stared at the little ball of light floating in front of her. The ball of light screamed.

It screamed in her voice.

She shuddered at the sound and then looked up from the floor at Draco.

He hadn't attacked her...

Draco flicked the wand sideways and the ball of light that had come from her throat continued to cry out and beg Draco in her voice while Hermione remained motionless.

The light flickered with each sound. 

Hermione watched half horrified, half fascinated.

"Shut up and take it," Draco said loudly he met her eyes for a brief moment and Hermione felt her mouth go dry. 

He was angry. That was not an act. His face was drawn tight. His eyes were harsh yet there was something else...pain and not the physical kind.

He broke from her gaze and a look of extreme concentration appeared on his face.

Then he looked back at Hermione seeming to take her whole body.

She couldn't help squirming beneath that gaze. She flinched as he raised his wand and watched him grind his teeth at her reaction.

"Praestrigiae de Verum Vitae," he cast.

It was a spell she had never heard before.

Light from Draco's wand poured out and flowed over her body, it clung to her skin molding itself to her... and then an image of herself, a direct replication, got up from the ground and stepped away from her body fully formed.