Voldemort's Crucio

This chapter has some dark and is one of the reasons this story has a trigger warning. It is also almost double my usual chapter length in case you only have a second to read or are feeling super happy maybe pick a different time to read this update. All the best. 

-

Hermione saw the fight in Draco's face. Even though his mother had already thrown his friend under the bus, she could tell Draco was struggling with the choice to do the same.

The Dark Lord cast a crucio and Draco screamed his body writhing mid-air jerking and shaking from the pain.

Hermione called out for him. Not a sound left her lips, thanks to the curse, saving her from giving away the truth of the relationship between her and Draco. The Dark Lord didn't so much as glance over his shoulder at her.

Voldemort pulled back and Draco's body slumped mid-air his limbs trembling.

"Don't make me ask again," said Voldemort.

"It was Crabbe," the words left Draco's mouth in a strangled gasp.

"What about Crabbe?" Voldemort bent down and lifted Draco's chin to look him in the eye.

"Crabbe is the reason she escaped." Draco choked out. "I told him not to go near her and he did. Its Crabbe's fault."

Voldemort dropped Draco and he fell to the floor crumpling. He groaned at the impact.

"That's right," Bellatrix voice chime in from behind. "My Lord, Draco was with us when we heard the commotion. The girl never had a chance to escape before. Draco had her locked up tight: not a toe out of line. Isn't that right Draco?" Bellatrix nodded vigorously.

"Yes," said Draco rolling on to his back so he could look up at the dark Lord. "She would have never got out If Crabbe hadn't gone in their against my will she would have been here when they came for her and you would have Potter."

"NO!" Yelled Crabbe senior. "Traitor"

"YOU WILL NOT SPEAK OUT OF TURN!" the Dark Lord bellowed and he turned away from Draco and towards Vincent Crabbe who was trembling in his shoes.

Mr. Crabbe stepped in front of the terrified boy.

"You can't hurt my boy."

"I said Silence!" Voldemort lashed out and sent Crabbe Senior flying into the mantle. Then Voldemort stretched out his hand and said to Crabbe. "Come here boy."

Crabbe, idiot that he was...ran.

Voldemort lashed out and a chains appeared around Crabbe's wrists connecting to the floor right in front of Voldemort. Link by link they slowly began pulling the boy backwards to his fate.

Voldemort waved a hand at Bellatrix and she came forward bringing a large chair to him.

The dark Lord sat as Crabbe's screams filled the room. His expression made it seem like he was listening to a beautiful rendition of a classical piece of music rather than the terrified cries of a teenage boy.

He is evil incarnate, thought Hermione and then she looked to Draco. She could tell it was taking every ounce of strength he had to lift his head and watch what was going on in the room.

As if sensing her eyes on him his head turned to face her. Their eyes met for a moment and then Draco looked away ashamed.

You had no choice, thought Hermione.

This is all my fault. If I had stayed his plan would have worked.

If he had told you his plan you wouldn't have ran, her mind argued back