The Decision

Be sure and read the note at the end of this one folks. Much love.

-

Hermione took the time to regain her composure in the washroom and wiped her face gently with a towel. Her eyes were bloodshot from the pressure of fighting the tears and breakdown. She cast a quick glamor to make herself look presentable and then went out to face Draco. 

He was sitting on the side of his bed waiting for her.

She could barely remember a time where he looked more handsome, or more vulnerable.

Why did he look as if he was the one who had been rejected? She hated the look on his face. It seemed so unfair. 

"Hermione-" Draco started, standing up with obvious intent to go to her.

She wanted him to.

She wanted him to come across the room and tell her stopping had been a mistake, that he hadn't meant it when he said he didn't want to kiss her.

Instead Hermione held up a hand stopping him in his tracks and preventing him from saying whatever he was going to say because she knew whatever it was was not 'I want you' which was the only thing she really wanted to hear. She watched Draco bite back whatever words were on his lips and was thankful for his restraint.

At least one of you has some, her mind glowered at her.

 If Draco wanted to apologize Hermione wasn't about let herself listen. She didn't want his apology. She wanted him. Which was stupid because he had warned her. He had tried to do the right thing every time and she had steamrolled over him. 

She hated herself for loosing control.

She hated how she wanted to do it again.

Most of all she hated how Draco didn't.

Hadn't it felt good for him too? She had felt the heat of his body? She had felt the evidence of his response...and she had felt the way his hands fisted in her hair when he had taken over the kiss.

The craving in his touch as if she was the only woman in the world.

A girl could get used to getting kissed like that.

Hermione brushed away the unwanted thoughts.

"I'm going to bed," She said. And then added: "We both had a lot to drink, lets just pretend that didn't happen and focus on the fact that the rest of the night was good." Hermione had never used Alcohol as an excuse like she was using it now.

It was better this way.

It didn't matter that she was no where near as drunk as he seemed to think. She chose not to correct his assumption because thinking she had just made a stupid wine induced decision was so much better than him thinking she was a pathetic girl who had gone and fallen for a boy who had made it clear that he didn't want to be with her at all.

Draco didn't say anything for a moment, his expression was torn.

Finally he stiffly nodded.

"Okay," his voice was gentle and that hurt worse than the sound of distain she had expected.

At least he won't hold it against you, the voice in her head said dryly.

Will he though? she wondered.

Yes, her mind answered back. He had accepted her excuse: He would blame the alcohol. 

She wished she could just blame the alcohol and make herself believe that was all it was.