The Couch

Happy Friday. This is "Sweet" Chapter for you all. I hope you enjoy

-

Hermione pulled away from Fred gently too look him in the eye.

"No it won't," she shook her head. "You are our chance out of here. You are the way. You Fred. You can save us."

"Us?"

Hermione understood the emphasis on what she had said and how it must sound to Fred. She had said 'Us' as if she and Draco were an 'Us'. 

A flush crept up into her cheeks and she tried to will it away, knowing that she would only blush more if she tried too hard. Still, Fred was a redhead and he knew what it meant to not be able to hide being flustered.

"He's..." Hermione started and then paused collecting her thoughts. "He deserves to be saved too Fred. He wasn't lying when he said this is the only way."

"He has my wand here, somewhere," said Fred. "If you can find it we can just take him prisoner with us and keep him safe that way I don't have to leave you here alone again."

"You-know-who will kill his whole family if you do that," said Hermione. "And torture them first. He'll blame Draco for not being good enough to keep one Mudblood safe," Hermione looked away. "You should have seen what happened last time I ran away...He nearly killed Draco.

Hermione could still remember seeing Draco hanging there mid-air suspended in front of Voldemort. Bloody and in agony.

She could hear his screams.

She also remembered how Narcissa had risked death in striking the dark Lord in order to save her son.

"They chose sides Hermione," said Fred.

"Yes," Hermione answered back, "But Draco chose me. He chose my side. He saved me Fred, risked everything. If we take him and his mother dies he will never forgive me and I will never forgive myself. I owe him Fred. I owe him for my life," she let her words sink in and then added "And...I owe him for your life too."

Fred seemed to consider.

"Alright," he nodded. "No, you're right. It feels strange as hell but you're right. If what you're both saying is true then we both owe him our lives." Fred frowned. "He really gave up his breakfast for me?"

Hermione laughed.

"He saved your life but you're more concerned with the breakfast?"  Hermione smiled at Fred and then grew more serious. "I told you, he's changed."

"You care about him don't you?" Fred's voice was gentle.

"I do," admitted Hermione.

"I never thought I would see the day where you and Malfoy got along and where..." Fred let out a puff of air. "Where, I would kinda like the kid too," he admitted a little begrudgingly.

"What really?" Hermione asked, pleasantly surprised at Fred's admission.

"Yeah," said Fred sheepishly. "He's kinda fun to tease and he has mad cooking skills. This isn't his best, but its still good."

"He didn't make that one Narcissa did."

"Well that explains it. I never pictured old skunk-hair as the kitchen-dweller type."

Hermione laughed.

"Skunk head?" she asked and glanced over at the door hoping that Draco hadn't heard. She had a feeling that he wouldn't approve of the joke.

"Yeah, have you seen her hair?" Fred took a bite of his toast. "She looks like Pepe le pew's long lost human sister."

Hermione tried to hold it in for a moment, and then she snorted...and then she laughed the sound bubbling out of her uncontrollably until she had to hold her stomach from the force of it.