The Lost Day

This one is a long one, hope you enjoy.

-

"DRACO" Hermione saw herself call his name and she felt the pain in his cheek as if it were her own.

It seemed very odd feeling the pain from a memory.

Was it supposed to be like that with legillimency?

Everything felt very...intense.

"Did you just slap me?" The memory-Draco asked, rubbing at the stinging flesh of his cheek.

"I tried to shake you awake but that only made things worse. I'm sorry," She watched her past self's head dropped slightly.

Draco paused realizing she genuinely sounded sorry about slapping him.

His shoulders relaxed, dropping visibly.

Present day Hermione felt them drop, felt the tension leave him.

"Its fine, don't worry about it," said past Draco.

What was that? Thought Hermione, balking at his reaction. 

Since when did he just write her slapping him as okay? Present day Hermione reeled within Draco's mind slightly.

She looked at her own face in the memory and recognized her expression of appreciation at the shirtless body in front of her. Then she felt Draco notice her appreciation present day Hermione felt the desire flow through him.

Shock coursed through Hermione. Since when did Draco want her?

Not a chance Draco. You are seeing things, Draco told himself.

Hermione heard his thought's from that night as clearly as if he had spoken it allowed to her today.

Hermione yanked herself back from Draco mind and found herself once again standing in Draco's bedroom across from her.

His eyes were open and staring at her.

"I thought you were just supposed to be showing me the Memories Draco. Like a viewing mirror-like what Dumbledore had in his office," she half accused, her mind reeling.

She had wanted Draco, Draco had wanted her.

Even if he didn't want to be with her in any 'real' way the lust she had seen in his mind was real and undeniable. She could feel it on her skin-the desire he had felt. She recognized it on her past self's face...

And she felt it now.

Her skin was flushed. She hid it beneath a different kind of frustraition.

"That's not what it's supposed to be like," Draco answered. "I don't know why you can hear my thoughts, it's just supposed to me like watching a movie" he looked upset. "I don't know what's going on...it's..." his face fell and his tone got serious. "It's probably the bind."

The bind.

The string that connected them was once again the bane of Hermione's existence.

"Can you turn it off?" Hermione asked.

"I don't think I can," he answered. "Not without shutting you out." 

Draco swallowed and his hand went up into his hair again, this time she saw it tremble a little.

A wave of sympathy passed through her.

"You don't have too," Hermione found herself saying without thinking.

She immediately wanted to take the words back. As much as she wanted not to push she also needed to know what had happened. Yes, she was no suddenly torn about wanting to see because it was incredibly obvious that Draco was really struggling with her seeing inside his head, but that didn't change her need to know.