Drunk

Hermione work to the sound of Draco's laugh. 

It made her feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

She wanted to cuddle up to him and never let go.

I think I am drunk, Hermione almost giggled at her own thought. It felt nice. Everything felt nice including Draco's thigh underneath her hand.

"You awake?" Draco asked looking down at her and Hermione smiled up at him dreamy eyed. He was so handsome after all. She remembered the last time she had drank wine with him, a beautiful dinner with steak and good conversation.

Tonight was even better because tonight felt like it was allowed to be.

"Yes," she answered with a little stretch as she blinked away the fuzz of sleep.

She nuzzled into the pillow, not really wanting to move while at the same time knowing that she would probably be better off sleeping on her pallet rather than against Draco's leg.

But I like his leg!

Get a handle on yourself, Hermione ordered herself. It was silly to think such things...but she really didn't care what she should or shouldn't be thinking right now. Things were good. 

She felt good.

Draco and Fred were getting along. 

There was nothing worth worrying about that needed to be dealt with right this minute.

She wanted to just turn her brain off and enjoy it. Luckily the alcohol was helping with that.

Mmmmmm, she rubbed her face in the pillow and closed her eyes again, a little smile gracing her lips.

"Come on then," Draco's voice caught her before she fell back asleep. "Lets get you to bed."

"Okay," Hermione rubbed her eyes and pushed herself lazily up into a sitting position.

She smiled lopsidedly at Fred who smiled back shaking his head.

Draco's outstretched hand was waiting for her and she took it as he helped her to her feet.

Her legs wobbled a little and she laughed as Draco's arms shot out to steady her.

"I think I'm drunk," she giggled wrapping her arms around Draco's neck.

"I've got you," his voice was so gentle and sincere as he swept her up bridal style carrying her.

She laughed and then let her head fall against him completely at ease.

She was in his arms. 

His strong arms. 

It was the safest place in the world to be.

And gods it felt so right.

Hermione nestled in to Draco's shoulder.

If this is what being drunk gets me I should do it more often, she thought absently inhaling his scent.

He smells so good.

And he's so strong...

"Goodnight Hermione," called Fred.

"Night Fred," she waved over her shoulder.

It was nice that Fred was being nice. 

She liked that everyone was playing nice. 

It was nice.

Nice, nice, nice.

Like the feel of Draco's chest against her cheek.