Ravenclaw x hufflepuff

Ravenclaw POV:
I'm on the train for my first year at Hogwarts. I pick up a book from my hand bag and start it, hoping to be halfway finished by the time we get to the station. I knew that I was going, both my parents went there when they were younger. They've educated me so much so that I can almost sort myself into a house. I mean I am the stereotype of a Ravenclaw; I like books, reading, studying and I don't hang out with large groups of friends at the same time. Suddenly I hear a knock on the door of the booth and I look up. There stands a person with really nice hair and a big smile.
-Excuse me, did I disturb you? They ask. I shake my head.
-No you're alright, I try to smile back but it'd never match theirs.
-Good. I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind me sitting in here with you? I'm kinda new to this whole running into the wall thing, they say.
-Oh no problem, please come in, I say. They nod at me and put their trunk over head and sits down on the seat in front of me, looking at the hundreds of parents outside.
-Let me guess, muggleborn? I ask. They don't look at me, just smile.
-You'd think that. I'm a half-blood actually, they say and wave goodbye to her parents as the train takes off.
-Half-blood? Wow, I say.
-Yeah. Mum's a witch and dad's a muggle. I knew my mom did magic but they wanted to keep Hogwarts a secret since they didn't know if that's where I'd end up, they say as trees start to show up.
-Wow, that's tough, I comment. They shrug.
-It's whatever. I bet there's muggleborns more terrified of it actually, they say.
-I basically already know Hogwarts inside and out, I say and pick my book back up.
-Oh that must be amazing, already knowing it all, they say. I sigh and put my book to the side.
-Ravenclaw, nice to meet you, I say and they smile.
-Hufflepuff, glad to be here, they say and I smile.

Later:
We walk towards the sorting hat and people around us are singing the song of Hogwarts. I see how Hufflepuff is nervously shuffling their feet as we stand and wait for our names will be called.
-Hey, you'll do fine. I can tell that no matter where you end up you'll be fine, I tell them. The smile nervously at me.
-I know... but I'm still nervous, you're the first friend I've made and I don't wanna loose contact with you, they say, which shocks me.
-You won't, I promise you, I say and comfort them.
-Thanks, they say before their name gets yelled out over the hall.

2nd year:
I smile over the hall at Hufflepuff as they make funny faces at me. It's the second year of Hogwarts and Hufflepuff knows that my parents were fighting really badly over the summer a couple of times so they try to cheer me up with jokes and faces, which I really appreciate. I laugh as they drop a spoon into their morning porridge, which makes it splash up in their face. I let out a loud laugh. The people around me from Ravenclaw look weirdly at me since I've been quiet for the last couple of days. I try to muffle the laugh with my hands as Huff grins at me as they wipe off the porridge off of their face.
-What's your problem? I can hear another Hufflepuff hiss at them, making them frown ashamed. I furrow my eyebrows and write "leave them alone!" On a paper, and I throw it on the other Hufflepuff. They get it in their own porridge and read it and looks absolutely shocked before looking at me. I make a sign with my hands as I mouth "I'm watching you".
Huff smiles gratefully and goes back to what's left of their porridge.

After breakfast, Hufflepuff catches up to me.
-Hope you liked the show, I got porridge under my shirt now, they say. I giggle and they smile.
-Well it was quite stupid of you to play with your spoon, I comment.
-Worth it, Huff chuckles. We walk through the halls in silence for a little while.
-Hey... thanks for before with that guy. He's been in a sour mood lately, Huff says.
-It was no trouble, just making sure that you know I got your back... just like you got mine, I shrug.
-Well thanks anyways. I'll catch you in potions later, yeah? Huff asks and starts heading faster towards their morning class.
-Yup, I confirm. Huff salutes me and runs along the halls to their next class. I shake my head and roll my eyes but giggle amused.