Irene Adler x male! Child! Reader

Y/N POV
I was hiding behind a small fruit stand and watching for people, rich people, to steal from.
Men and women walked around and buying stuff like they owned the city. They walk around with bags full of bread and delicious fruits. Others were barely scraping together enough money for the bottom crumbs of a hardened bread. It makes me sick, how some people just buys whatever they want without giving another soul a thought.

Someone walks by me, almost revealing my hiding spot. I crouch closer down towards the ground. It smelled like pee and trash. The whole city did, really, and I'm not just talking about the streets.

My stomach grumbles. I hadn't had food for two days now, so it was time to get to work. I look around for an easy target. Often women. They should look sweet and you could sneak yourself into their handbag and leave with another weeks meal. And then I spot her. She smiles as she walks through the market and and looks at the shiny apples. She is wearing a blue dress and a nice hat on her head. She looks very noble and I'm sure she has a lot of money.
I clean my nose on me dirty shirt, before standing up and walking slowly her way. I keep an eye on her bag as I walks between the people.

But suddenly someone rushes by and grabs it. I growl. Not today buddy, this is my meal!
I sniff and stand in his way. He bumps into me and drops the bag. He looks back, before running away, with a scared face. I smile down at the bag and pick it up from the dirty cobblestone floor. I dust it off. Then, I feel a shadow look over me. I look up, and the lady stands there. She looks curiously down at me. I see that she's trying to hide a knife in between her hands, so I try covering my intentions with a lie.
-I-is this yours? I ask. She smiles down at me.
-It is, she says. I can see the reflection off of the knife and I start getting anxious. I hold out the bag for her and she smiles. She expertly hides the knife and takes the bag back.
-And What might your name be? She asks.
-My name is Y/N, miss... I say, in awe of how sweet she is. She crouches down. She frowns when she sees my sooty face and roughed up knuckles.
-Where are your parents? She asks and takes a few astray hairs on top of my head.
-Parents? I don't have any parents miss. They kicked me out when I was three, I say. Her eyes widen in shock.
-They did? She asks. I nod. She brings her hand closer to my face and pets my cheek with her leather gloved hand. It calmed my nerves and I feel myself breathe normally again.
-Thank you for retrieving my bag, she says. I nod.
-Of course, anything for a pretty lady, I say. I was going to steal from her... I'm glad I didn't.
She smiles again.
-How old did you say you were? She asks.
-I didn't. I'm 10, I say.
-Well, Y/N... my name is Irene Adler and I would like for you to come home with me, she says. I smile, before remembering what I've learned these past 7 years living in the streets of London.
-I don't know... there are a lot of crooks hiding in London. How do I know you're not one of them? I ask.
-Well, you just have to trust me, she says and stands up tall again. She looks down at me.
-What do you say? She asks. I think...
-A bath would be nice, I say and Irene laughs.
She takes her gloves hands and picks me up under my arms and makes me sit on her waist. I support myself by clinging my legs around her waist and holding onto her neck. She supports me by holding an arm around my back.
-You're a very light boy.... Let's go home and eat, she says and walks out of the market.

She leads me through some streets, before arriving in a big apartment. It is very fancy, with flowers on the walls and colorful curtains.
She sets me down and takes my hand, walking to the kitchen. She puts me on a chair by a table and starts cooking food.

When the food is done, she places it before me. I stare at it... then up at her.
-Well go on. Dig in! She says. I smile down at the food and immediately start eating. In my 7 seven years of thieving, not a single thing had been this good. Not a corner piece of a bread, no juicy, exotic fruit could compare to this. A real meal. Irene walks up behind me and starts massaging my shoulders.
-Is the food good? She asks. I nod.
-Oh yes! This is the best thing I've ever had! Thank you miss! I say, food almost falling out of my mouth. Irene smiles and grabs a napkin from the table, and wiping my face with it.
-Now, we don't talk with food in our mouth, she says.
-Sorry, I say, and continue to dig into the delicious meal.

And Irene keeps on massaging my shoulders. When the food is finished, the only sound you could hear walk people walking by outside, and the leather sound her leather gloves are making. I almost fall asleep to the sound and touch. But Irene stops and take away all the dishes and putting them in a bowl of water. Then she puts me on her waist again.
-Lets get you cleaned up, shall we? She asks. I nod and she takes me to a food with a tub.

She helps me undress and get into the tub. The water was surprisingly warm and nice to the touch. Irene helps me scrub off all the coal and old scabs on my body, before giving me some new clean clothes.
I think I'm gonna like it here....

A couple of days later:
I've been staying with Irene for the past week and a half, and let me tell you that she is the best thing to ever happen to me.
If she needs to go out for food or other needs, she grabs me and makes me sit on her waist, as she walks around. At bedtime, she makes me a story and puts her gloves hand on my cheek and kisses the other one. I've learned to live her gloves. They make me calm with their texture, warmth and sound. Irene often helps me calm down by massaging my shoulders.

It's bath time again. Irene washes my back and the warm water soothes my body.
-Irene... I start. I've given this a lot of thought.
-Yes Y/N...? Irene asks and I turn around. She looks at me curiously.
-Do you... want to be my mommy? I ask. She looks shocked at me.
-Why... why would you ask that? She asks amused. I shrug.
-I don't know... I say and look up at her.
-I just... I live here and I feel... like I have a home... I say and look down on my hands. She smiles and caress my cheek and make me look into her eyes.
-Then I'll be your mommy, she says and I smile.
-Really...? I ask and splash the water a bit.
-Yes, she laughs and keeps on bathing me.

After the bath, mom dresses me in a pajamas and starts tucking me in.
-Mom...? I say.
-hmmm? She hums. I look at her and she stops tucking me in.
-I love you 3000... I say.
-Three thousand? She asks, and I nod.
-That is truly a lot, she says and tucks me in and kisses my forehead.
-Then I love you 3000 back, she says and I smile.
-Goodnight new mommy, I say as she walks out of the room into the kitchen.
-Goodnight Y/N. Sleep well, she says and closes the door behind her.

I was right... I'm gonna like it here...