Alex Alvarez (Odaat) x reader Periods and stuff

WARNING: A lot of period blood mentioned

Y/N POV
I'm at the Alvarez' and currently watching a movie with Alex. We're sitting in his room and watching Netflix on my phone, watching our favorite movie.  I'm on my period and needed cuddles immediately after school, so I came over and agreed on that movie. He kisses my head at the sappy end part and I giggle.
-Hey guys, dinners ready! Mrs. Alvarez pokes her head into the room.
-Thanks mom, we'll be right out, just two minutes left, Alex says.
-Ok guys, hurry up, she says and leaves. We watch the end of the movie and we both walk into the kitchen.
We sit down in front of one another and talking and having fun, when we begin on the subject of women's health.
-I mean, I totally think that girls should get free pads and tampons, because it can cost more than 1000 dollars per year to buy all that stuff in, I say.
-Or they can get a period cup, Elena says.
-Or they can just pay for it, Alex says. I look confused at him.
-But it's not fair, I say.
-Maybe, but you girls have your period, you chose to have it, and you might want to pay up for maybe going home for period cramps or maternity leave later on in work because of it, Alex says nonchalantly.
-But it costs each and every woman millions of dollars in her life for that stuff. I mean, you even need to change a period cup, I say.
-Well, if you think it's too expensive, just don't buy anything then, Alex says.
-So you're saying that I should ruin clothes instead?
-Well, If you think pads and tampons are too expensive, then yes. That's your own choice, Alex says.
-So that white summer dress from your abuela, should I just bleed it down in summer? I ask.
-Well, no, but-
-Those hoodies I got from you when I have period cramps, should I just let them become soaked? I ask.
-No that-
-Expensive, one of a kind clothes, hollister, my Levi's and my Calvin Klein's, should I just use them once and throw them away? I ask irritated.
-That is NOT what I meant Y/N! Alex says.
-Then what did you mean? Because I know there are a lot of girls around the world that can't afford pads or tampons. There are girls who can't afford to get her period. Periods are a natural part of a woman's life, and, because of that, I believe that pads and tampons should be free for girls and women in the whole world. But it's because of the arrogant men like you, that we can't, and need to pay our whole weight in gold for a life supply of those things. So what on earth, could you mean, except for us girls bleed out for a whole week of every month of the year, from that we're 12 to 62? I ask, my face red and standing up, staring my boyfriend down into the ground. He just stares at me, mouth hanging open. His family looks shocked at me.
-Ay Y/N.... Lydia says. I feel my eyes water and I sniff, backing up from the table.
-I'm sorry. I've overstayed my invitation... I should leave. Thank you Lydia and Penelope for the wonderful dinner. I'll see you guys later, I say and walk to the door, I grab my bag and walk out of the apartment, immediately going up to Schneider's.
I knock two times before he answers.
-Hi Y/N, what's up? He asks. I sniffle.
-Could I just use your bathroom for a second? I ask.
-Yeah sure, Schneider says. I walk in and towards the bathroom. You see, Schneider is my mom's cousin, and that's how I met Alex.
I do my thing and then I hug Schneider goodbye, and walk outside. It's dark outside and the streetlights were the only thing lighting up the streets of Los Angeles. I look to both ways of the road before setting a foot on the street. I walk slowly over the road, thinking about what Alex said earlier. Suddenly I see a light and someone pulls me quickly back into the side of the road and a honk sounds.
I look at my savior. Alex.
-Y/N, I'm sorry. Elena told me what a woman goes through every month, and it's not something you choose. I could never imagine having my period and experience as much pain as you do every month. I'm sorry, please don't be mad, he says. I hug him.
-It's ok. I shouldn't have screamed either, I say.
-Maybe you wanna have a sleepover? It's pretty late, and a Friday, Alex says, still embracing me.
-Sounds great, I say.
-But I don't wanna, possibly bleed onto your bedsheets, I say.
-I'll ask mom for an old towel, Alex says and let's go.
-Sounds great Alex... I say and smile.
-C'mon, let's go, Alex says and grabs my hand, walking back up to the apartment.