Kuzco x reader part 3

Y/N POV
Me and mom finally arrive in the palace and sneak into my room. We hide in the walk in closet and sit down.

After a while, I'm starting to get anxious. About half an hour ago, we heard some loud guards run past my room and shouting something about capturing someone and I'm afraid something bad is going to happen...

Another half an hour goes by in silence. I've walked around my closet for a while and I'm starting to think that I've walked a hole through the carpet.
-Honey, Don't be so anxious! The emperor is gonna be fine! Mom says.
-Mhmmm, I say. Two seconds later, someone opens up the closet door. Me and mom looks towards the door and see Kuzco standing there.
-There you are! I've been looking all over for you! He says and walks big steps towards me and hugs me. I stand in shock before hugging him back. When he lets go I punch his arm.
-Ow! He says and runs the sore spot.
-That's for turning into a llama! I say. I slap his hand.
-Ow! Hey! Stop it! He says.
-That's for making me so anxious! I say. He braces for another punch, but I just stand there. He shrinks in size... metaphorically... And then I kiss his cheek.
-That's for coming back and getting me, I say. He looks wide eyed at me and smiles.

Two days later:
I'm helping the guards and maids with planning some of the new rooms and reparations in the castle after the chaotic happening. Kuzco asked for my help because he thought I "looked like someone with good taste".
-M'lady, the emperor wishes for you in the big hall, a guard interrupts. I bid my goodbyes to the staff members and make my way to the hall. In one of the corridors there, I spot Pacha.
-Hi! I say and smile.
-Hey! He says.
-Where are you going?
-Kuzco asked for me in the hall, I say and smile softly.
-Ah... Are you sure you'll be fine? You are always welcome back home, He says. I giggle.
-I think I'll manage. But I still have quite a lot to work with, I say, slyly referring to my husband-to-be. Pacha laughs.
-Well... Take good care of him, and yourself, he says as he continues out of the castle.
-I will, goodbye! I say and continue down the hall. I enter the big hall through the big door and see Kuzco standing in the middle of the room by a table. I walk towards him.
-Please, soy down he says and motions to a bench by the table. I carefully sit down.
-So... He says and sloppily sits down next to me.
-You traded away my backup-dancing guards? He asks. I scoff and giggle.
-Yeah, why? I ask. Kuzco looks at me like I'm a little kid.
-Well, now I don't have any backup dancers, He says. I laugh.
-Really? Don't you have anything better to do? I ask. Kuzco's face blushes to a deep red and looks away.
-Follow me, he says. He grabs my hand and leads me outside into the royal garden. I looked around in awe. Beautiful flowers are swaying softly in the wind and vines climb up the high palace walls. Kuzco leads me through a corridor of tall, wall-like bushes. When we come out the other side, I see a pillar, and on that pillar, a beautiful marble pot with one single f/c flower inside of it. Kuzco lets go of my hand.
-This... Is kind of like an... apology... slash, proposal present, he says. I walk towards it and  I see that on the edge of the pillar, there is a golden plate with the words "To Y/N, who will be the best empress ever!" Engraved into it. I cover my mouth with one hand and trace the words with another. A single tear leaves my eyes. I quickly come into realization and I turn around.
-You liiiike meeee~... I say.
-E-excuse me!? Kuzco asks and his face turns pink. I take a step towards him.
-You think I'm pretty~.... I continue to tease.
-W-What? No! It's... Tradition, he excuses and crosses his arms in front of his chest.
I walk up to him so that our faces is just a couple of inches apart.
-You like me~ You wanna marry me~, I continue and walk around him in circles.
-Shut up! I do not! He says and pouts like a little baby. I stand in front of him and look at him with the "yeah, sure". He turns around and I only shake my head.
-But... If you happen to... I don't know, maybe... like me back? Would you maybe consider going on a date with me? Kuzco asks and turns his head so that I can see it. I look shocked at him.
-W-What...? Yes... Yes of course! I say and smile.
-Really? Kuzco turns around fully now.
-Yeah... I say and blush.
-W-well then... Meet me here at about six tonight. A guard will escort you when it is time, Kuzco smiles and bows, before walking away back into the palace. I blush a bit harder and bite my lip, looking back at the flower.
"He really did this for me...".

7:45 that evening:

My dress is on and makeup was done 15 minutes ago... I was so excited it pained me to sit and wait like this. Suddenly the door opens and I jump in surprise.
-Ma'am, I am here to- Escort me to the garden? I interrupt him. He nods and opens the Door for me and I slowly walk out of my room. He leads me into the garden, through the bush walls and back to the flower. I stopped in my tracks. Before me was a candlelit dinner and the light hits the rose perfectly. But... Kuzco isn't there... The guard helps me sit down and then walks away. I look around and fiddle nervously with my hands in in my lap. I looks down on my hands and I hear someone clearing their throat. I look up and see Kuzco in a white suit, crown gone and hair tied back in a bun. I feel my ears heat up before stammering an: Hello.
-Hi, he breathes. He sits down and looks at me.
I look into his eyes before smiling slightly and looking back at my hands.
-So.... You are from Pachas village? He asks. I nod.
-Yeah, I say. I see that Kuzco tilted his head to see my face. I quickly let my face meet his.
-There's that pretty face, he says. I smile.
-So.... I mimic him.
-How was it being a llama? I ask and grin. Kuzco laughs.
-You have no idea! He says and food gets brought to us.
-Care to tell me over dinner? I ask. Kuzco smiles.

The rest of the night we talk and talk and talk.
After just spending a few hours together, it feels like I've known him for all my life. We walked through the whole garden and through the whole palace before stopping by my bedroom door. I stop and turn to him.
-This evening has been... Unforgettable... I say and grab Kuzco's hand.
-Thank you.
-Eh, it was nothing... It was more of a way to ask... If you wanted to marry me? He asks. I stand in shock.
-Like, a real proposal... He continues and picks a ring from his front pocket.
-Kuzco, I.... I say.
-I know if you feel like it's too early, but... This feels right. We feel right... Together, he says. I smile and shake my head, giggling a bit.
-I would love to marry you... I say and Kuzco tales my hand to put on the ring, but I snatch it back. He looks surprised at me.
-Only... If you.... I say and whisper something to him. When I pull back, Kuzco smirks and shakes his head. When he looks me in the eyes he smiles, a big genuine smile.
-As you wish... He says, putting the ring on, kissing my hand.
-My empress... He says and I hug him. He hugs back with even more force.

Two weeks later:
-Spending a month at your mothers was a fantastic idea babe! Kuzco tells me as he hands me a drink from inside.
-See, I told you, I say and take the drink. Kuzco sits next to me. I pu my head on his shoulder and I sigh happily.
We sit in comfortable silence for a while.
-....Are you happy? Kuzco asks suddenly.
-Yes... Why wouldn't I be? I ask, sitting straight up.
-I mean, are you happy with me? He asks and grabs my drink placing it to the side, before grabbing my hands.
-I- And no lies, Kuzco interrupts.
-It is ok if you aren't happy with me, with us, he says. I laugh.
-I'm happy. I'm the happiest woman alive! I say. Kuzco smiles.
-Really? He asks.
-Yes! I mean, I get to see my mother. I get to make life's better for the people and... I say looking into his eyes.
-I get to be with you... Even though it's been a short time, this is amazing, you are amazing, I say, lifting a hand onto his cheek. He puts his hand on mine and smiles. He looks down before looking at me again. He leans in and I close my eyes. His lips meet mine in a short kiss. We pull apart and look at each other.
-... So this is what love is... Kuzco says and smiles. A tear falls from my eye and I hug him tight. He hugs back.
-My Empress.... The best empress to ever live...