Queen Barb (trolls) x pop troll! Reader: Teenage dirtbag (highschool AU)

Barb POV:
I look across the hall at her. The troll of my dreams, Y/N. I have a dream about her and me... a private one, of course, none of my friend in my clique knows about it. They just know that she's my crush.
-Barb, we've got gym class in half an hour, let go get changed before it gets too crowded! My newest friend, Poppy says. Poppy became my friend when I was in a really dark place and tried taking over the school as a bully... But she helped me realize that I don't need that.
-Oh, uh, yeah, I say. Poppy follows my gaze and giggles.
-Don't you worry, Y/N will be there as well, she teases and I quickly close my locker and my cheeks blush furiously. Worst part is... Poppy is Y/N's sister. She hasn't told Y/N and doesn't give hints, but she likes teasing me about it.
Besides, Y/N's got a boyfriend already. A pop troll. He's a douchebag really. How do I know? He lives down the street from me. I sigh as I see him put his arm around Y/N, who smiles at him.
-Shut up popcorn, I say. Poppy laughs as we begin moving towards the girls changing rooms.

As everyone's changed, I sit on the bleachers and watch as everyone else take laps. A few others from my clique joined me so I wouldn't look like a total looser sitting alone. My eyes follow Y/N as she jogs around the track. Suddenly I see her boyfriend come up after her and smack her butt before his friends laugh and they high five. I see Y/N glaring after him. I scoff before I turn red in the face from anger.
-Barb what's up? Carol asks me.
-I wanna punch his face in, I grumble.
-Who's face? Carol asks. I nod towards the grinning culprit.
-Ah. Not surprised, she says. I scoff again. I see Y/N coming to a stop at the bleachers by her bag and takes a sip of her water bottle. I watch her movements closely.

Y/N POV:
I can see form the corner of my eye that Barb's looking at me. Yeah, Barb, the soon to be queen of rock trolls. Some trolls that are still holding grudges against her for her music call her a "teenage dirtbag"... I never really understand why.

I don't look at her as I put my water bottle down. I don't understand why she does that. I can catch her multiple times a week watching me. As if I had broken into her house or something. It really hurts Bc I... I kinda like her. My boyfriends a dick and she has at least some kind of self respect. She was cool. She also listens and plays rocking music. I wish I could listen to it more but living in a pop household made it hard, especially with Poppy next door. I wanted to know more about Rock. It's just so much more interesting than pop. I sigh as Poppy jogs up to me.
-Hey, are you ok? She asks. I pretend to look around just to get a better look at Barb. She looks the same as always m. Red Mohawk and earrings... as pretty as ever.
-Yeah I'm fine, I say and look back at Poppy.
-You sure? She asks. I nod and fake a smile.
-Trust me. If he pulls another stunt again I will break up with him for you, Branch, Poppy's boyfriend says as he joins us. I giggle.
-Please do, I don't have the guts, I say.
-Of course you do, Poppy says. I scoff.
-Not with prom coming up next week, I say.
-Oh please. He deserves going alone, Branch says.
-That's true, I say and we laugh.

Barb POV:
I see Y/N smile, and I can feel the corner of my lips turn upwards.
-Ugh stop, you're smiling at her again, Carol says.
-Well let me, I snap back.
-Dude she's taken. If you want to be with her so bad you should've asked her to prom before the asshat did, Carols says and I frown. She was right, I should've asked her out before he did.
But instead, I sit here and suffer. I watch as Y/N and Branch continue their warmup on the grass. Poppy looks sadly up at me before she joins them. I sigh and cross my arms, pretending to play my guitar... it's a reflex for when I'm stressed or anxious.

The next week, Y/N POV:
-No, let me go! I shout at my... well, now ex-boyfriend. Everyone in the hall could hear us and it turns quiet.
-No! Y-you can't do this, I-I can't go to prom alone! He says as he hold on tight to my arm.
-Well you should've thought of that before you grabbed my ass! I shout back.
-Ok, I'm sorry, he says and I try to get out of his grip.
-Please don't leave me the day before prom! He begs and grabs onto me tighter.
-Ow you're hurting me! I whimper.
-Hey! Leave her alone! I can hear Poppy's voice from down the hall.
-No! She can't leave me! My ex says.
-Oh I think she can, Branch steps out from behind Poppy. My ex shrieks and let's go off me before Branch starts chasing him.
-Thanks Poppy, I say.
-No problem, Poppy says and puts her hand on my shoulder. I look towards Barbs locker... or where she usually stands anyway. She looks concerned my way, before Poppy leads me away to the nurses office.