Male! Maleficent x reader

Y/N POV:
It is night, and it's dark as I walk towards the forest. I hold my cloak tightly towards my body and I take a deep breath before I walk into the thick forest. I gasp as I hit a root with my foot, and I wince and let out a cry as I get a pine cone under my heel. Leaves are crushing under my feet as I walk and silent gasps ring between the trees as I step on twigs and pine cones. A couple of meters in, a small glow lights up before me. Then another one. And another one after that. Small lights keep popping up, lighting my way as I walk. As I reach the meadow it's full of small twinkling lights, lighting up every leaf, every bloom on every flower, shining and reflecting their light. I giggle as small pixies watch me from their houses. I wave a small hello as I continue over a mossy bridge, stopping in the middle and watching luminescent fish dance in the pond beneath.

-Hello, I hear. I turn to the other side of the bridge. There stands Diaval. I smile.
-Hello Diaval, I say.
-Master wishes to see you by the pool, he says. He has very fancy clothes on, for being a crow. I nod and follow him to the exact spot he wants me to be. He stops and I look ahead. There stands the man himself.
-Hello Maleficent, I say.
-Hmm, he says and looks at me up and down. I look to Diaval.
-Thank you, I courtesy. He nods back and leaves us.
-Wonderful to see you, I say to Maleficent. He looks down at the pond where the fish has gathered and dancing joyfully.
-The Moore is rather joyful this evening, I say and step closer to him. I look up at him and he looks back at me.
-Why won't you talk to me? I ask. He takes a breath.
-Why... who gave you your powers? He asks.
-My mother... or so I believe, I say and look down at my hands. Then I look back at him.
-Would you like me to show you? I ask and reach out for his clasped hands that rest upon his staff. He winces.
-It won't hurt, I say and grin playfully as he looks surprised at me. I see a small grin play upon his lips. I take that as a yes and clasp my hands over his. I put my energy in focusing on the task at hand, but the nagging feeling of joy is slightly interrupting me. But before I can react, a small vine grows out from between his fingers. I remove my hands, making the growing stop. Maleficent slowly removes his hands and sees a beautiful arrangement of pink flowers grow on his staff. He picks the arrangement up and studies it. He studies it for a long time. In silence.

-My father is very sick. I must be on my way, I say and he interrupts his studying.
-No, he only says.
-I am sorry but I must, I say apologetically. He cocks his head to the side.
-Because your father... is sick? He asks. Soft rippling if the water beside us can be heard.
-Yes, I'm afraid so, I confirm.
-May I at least have your name? He asks. I smile.
-Maybe another time, I say and back away slowly.
-Until next time, I say and turn around.
-You must come back, he yells after me. I stop.
-Why's that? I only ask and smile shyly for myself.
-Because you are of great company, he says. I let my face erupt in a smile. I then turn around and he's watching me intensely.
-Then I will, I say. His jaw unclenches and I courtesy.

I walk towards the opening towards the forest.
-Shall I walk you to Ulstead? Diaval asks.
-Yes please. The forests are not a merciful place this time of night, I say. Diaval only nods as we begin walking out of the moors.
We get to the bridge of roots that connects the Moors with Ulstead.
-Thank you Diaval for the company. Now get back safe to Maleficent, I thank him.
-He asked me to make sure you make it to the other side, Diaval says apologetically. I nod and grin.
-Of course he did, I say.
-Until next time Diaval, I bow. I then take my first step onto the bridge. And just as when I got in to the Moore, a green patch forms under my foot and I look back at Diaval. Diaval looks surprised at the patch.
-I hope Maleficent doesn't mind, I shrug, as I continue walking across the bridge.

Maleficent POV:
I smile as I look at the flower and then at where the mark had been before. Even as we had been quiet, I had grown quite fond of her. She was a curious soul. I admire that about her. And unlike the other humans... she wasn't exactly human. She was... special. And I was beginning to think of what Aurora had said earlier. I was lonely here, alone. I would like some.... Company. Oh the word left such bad taste in my mouth. But even though that's how it is, it is true. I'd like for her to live here. The girl.
I look at the flower again. Oh wouldn't that be a dream come true?

A few days later, Y/N POV:
I left my dad with some food and beverage before I snuck out to see Maleficent. Of course I'd be gone throughout the day anyways but... these last few days I've felt drawn to the Moore, to... Maleficent. He was a wonderful person to talk to. One of the few I enjoy making quiet conversations with. We didn't talk much when we met. Only small yet meaningful conversations were held between us.
Maleficent meets me at the beginning of the forest. He walks me into the moors and I look at all the flowers and trees, just like I normally do. Then we walk over one of the many fields and he stops suddenly.
-Maleficent...? I ask surprised. He never stops so suddenly without warning. I look curiously at him as he looks down on the ground sadly.
-May I tell you a story? He asks.
-Of course, I say and turn fully to him.
-This field... was once covered in tomb bloom, he says and I listen carefully.
-The blooms only sprouted once a magic being died. It was said that they contained their souls, he says and looks up at me.
-But the humans took them. They took them and used them against us, he said. I kneel down carefully in the high and soft grass. I touch the soft grass with my fingertips, which makes them dance. Maleficent looks intensely at me. I look back up at him.
-Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize- it's ok, you may sit there, he interrupts me as I'm standing up, but I sit back down. I see one lonely flower stick out from a bush. I uncover it slowly but stop at Maleficents stare.
-It's the only one the humans didn't find. It's sacred, he says. I look back at the flower and suddenly a big power grows in my chest. I feel the energy of a thousand men erupt inside me and the power of ten bears. I then look at Maleficent with great shock. He looks anticipating in me. I then look down at the ground.

-May I? I ask and hover my hands above the grass. He just stares at me, before he nods. I then put my hands down on the ground and close my eyes.

'You can do this, my flower'
'This is what you were meant for'
'Be ready'

Voices filled my head. I then focus all that energy, the voices, everything into my hands and down into the ground. It surges through my arms, making them weak. But I cannot pull away, not yet. My mission here wasn't done. It fades off slowly. Then starts flowing up through my arms again before I can get them off the ground. An earth shattering scream leaves my mouth as a pain never felt before rips through my back. I cry but I can't let go. As the power stops, I rip my hand off of the ground and caress myself. I cry and sniffle as the pain perseveres for a while. I feel warm feathers envelop me. I look up and through my tears I see Maleficent carefully envelop me with his wings and bringing a hand to my face to dry the falling tears. Then I look beside me and another pair of wings are wrapping around me. In fear I look on my other side. I felt on my back and my dress was ripped. I look in disbelief at Maleficent.
-Wh... What's happened to me? I gasp.
-I believe... it was your mother, he says and looks at the flower under the bush. I gasp for air and stand up. He looks confused at me.
-I... I must go, I say. He stands up abruptly.
-I'm sorry if I... he can't end his sentence.
-No you helped me, I- I stop and look at my wings.
-I have to tell dad that mom still lives, I finally crack a smile.
-She lives in me, I cry out in happiness. Maleficent smiles.
-Then go, he says. I smile and run across the field, grabbing my cloak that was hanging on a branch on the way out of the moor. I run across the bridge and all across town. My dad would never believe me when I told him.