George Weasley x reader the arrangement part 2

Y/N POV, night of the yule ball
-Yes Hermione, I have the boutonnière! I shout at the girl who's impatiently waiting for me. She was scared to go alone down to the hall, so she asked me to join her. And I'm so nice so I said yes.
I finally find the boutonnière and brush off my dress before I turn to Hermione.
-Alright, I'm all set, I say. We hook arms and together walk from the Gryffindor tower and towards the hall. Many couples and friends were also heading there, since the yule ball was starting in only 30 minutes. I had picked my dress very early and I picked a very nice nice and pretty one. I wasn't really looking forward to the ball since I'd probably have no one else to spend it with than George.

-So you're going with George to the ball? Hermione asks. I groan.
-Don't remind me, I say.
-Why not? He's a great guy, she says. I look at her.
-You haven't seen the way he is with me Hermione, I explain. She furrows her eyebrows.
-What do you mean? She asks
-Whenever he's around you he's funny and throws prank and jokes. But around me he is snarky and mean and throws unnecessary comments at me, I say.
-No way, she says as we turn the final time towards the hall.
-Yes way. Don't believe me? Watch extra closely, I say and start looking down the stairs we're walking. As I look up I see everyone outside of the hall looking at us. I smile.
-They're all looking at you, I whisper to Hermione. She blushes.
-No they're looking at us, she says. I shake my head, knowing she's wrong... but I could still see a few heads turn to look at me... Including George.

George POV:
I gape as she walks down the stairs. She whispers something to Hermione, who giggles.
-Wow she's absolutely gorgeous, Angelina gasps at Y/N.
-Isn't she, Fred teases and nudges me in the side. I nudge back as he laughs, but continue to look at her.

Y/N POV:
As we got down the stairs, the famous durmstrang boy, Viktor Krum comes towards us and bows.
-Ladies, he smiles, but particularly at Hermione. I slightly push her towards him and I giggle at her. He grabs her hand and kisses it lightly.
-I'll see you later, I smile at Hermione who nods at me. I then turn towards the Weasley twins. George is looking as amused as ever.... god what a glorious thing sarcasm is. At least he's looking at me.

-Y/N, you're so pretty, oh my god! Angelina compliments me and hugs me. I hug back.
-Thank you, so are you, I say and let go.
-Evening Y/N, Fred exaggerate a bow. I do too.
-Evening my good sir, I laugh, before I turn to George.
-Hey, he just says. I frown.
-I got you your boutonnière, I say and wave it a bit. He just looks at me and then at the floor. Fred nudges me.
-He doesn't know how to put it on, he fell asleep during that class, he says. George angrily hits his shoulder. I then walk towards George and try to do my best to place the flower correctly in his front pocket. I can sense his nervousness as I fiddle with the flower piece before I finally get it on. The flower doesn't match his suit at all... though I doubt any flower would.
-Thanks, he says.
-No problem, I say.

-So, should we go in? Fred asks to ease the tension.
-Yeah sure, George says and hold out an arm for me. I grab it, and it feels weird that he escorts me into the hall. We've never even been as close as we are right now and I don't really know how to feel. Either way I smile as I look at all the grand decorations in the hall.

The night starts particularly well. The first dance is in full rage and all I want is to dance. Fred and Angelina got onto the dance floor first chance they got, But George is just standing beside me sulking.
-I know we said that we wouldn't dance, but I kinda want to, I tell him. He looks at me and shrugs. He holds out a hand for me and leads me out on the dance floor as we waltz through the crowds. He's a surprisingly good dancer. But I couldn't really look at him, I was too busy looking at my friends and their happy faces. I made eye contact with some of them and I kept on smiling brighter and brighter.
As the dance ends we meet Angelina and Fred by the punch bowl and Fred sends George a grin.
-Had fun? He asks. I look up at George who's trying, and failing, to hide a smile.
-Yeah it was kinda fun, he admits and shrugs. I smile as it's the first time he's positive about something I did... or made him do, more or less.