Merida x female! Reader part 4

Y/N POV:

Tears brim my eyes once again.
-Yes... no... I don't know-I... I say and sigh.
-That was the scariest thing that's ever happened to me and it feel like I swallowed my heart whole, I say. Merida brushes her thumb over the palm of my hand, and I look at her.
-C... could you stay... for a while? I'm still... scared, I say sheepishly. Merida looks in shock at me, before nodding.
-Yes, o-of course I'll stay. I will protect ye in case another bear comes in here and tries to kidnap you, she says playfully, making me giggle.
-Don't day that! I then say and hit her shoulder.
-Sorry, sorry, Merida says, but smiles playfully.
-I really thought I was going to die, you know, I say and look at the ceiling.
-Yeah, well... Merida says and let's go off my hand. She moves the chair so it's parallel with the bedside and intertwines her fingers with mine.
-Ye'r still here. Ye'r still alive, she says.
-I know... I say and smile slightly.
-Did ye really think I was going to leave ye to die? Merida asks.
-Well, no... I was more afraid of the bear catching up to us, I answer and Merida shakes her head.
-Wouldn't let that happen to ye, princess, she says and I blush slightly and look back at her.
-I know... I smile. She smiles back and before we know it, we're both sound asleep, Merida laid down on the covers beside me, our fingers still intertwined.

The next day, still Y/N POV:
I'm sitting on the grass just outside the castle and enjoying the morning sun. I left Merida to sleep, as she promised to "guard me" last night and accidentally falling asleep on my bed. I had to calm my raging nerves, so I came outside to sort my thoughts.
I take a deep breath of the slightly chilly air  around me and close my eyes. I blush as I think of how I woke up. Merida's hand was clasping mine and her arm was around my stomach and I had put my hand on hers.
Then I hear soft footsteps behind me.
-You woke up early, I hear. I look up and see Merida taking a seat beside me on the grass. I smile.
-Yeah. Thought I'd let you sleep, I say and she looks at me.

We enjoy the silence of the wind blowing past us and the inconsistent clinging of kitchen utensils from the kitchen behind us.
-You never told me what the Gaelic words meant yesterday, I say. Merida flushes up.
-It's not important, she says.
-Yes, it's is, I giggle.
-No, it's really not, don't worry about it, she says. I inch closer to her and lean towards her.
-What do they mean? I ask as Merida looks down at me. We lock eyes and her cheeks turn red as she smiles softly.
-Tha thu bòidheach, she says softly, and I nod.
-and: tha faireachdainnean agam dhut, I say. She nods in return. I look expectantly at her as a conflict unfolds in her mind.
-It means... you're beautiful, and I have feelings for you..... she says quietly, as we are so close. It takes my mind a couple of minutes to realize what she said, and I could see the conflict still happening. She looks nervously and expectantly down at me. I blush a reddish pink and smile.
-Tha faireachdainnean agam dhut cuideachd (I have feelings for you, too), I say and a light glimmers in her eyes.
-You learned Gaelic, she says happily. I shrug.
-Just a couple of words but... yeah, I smile shyly. A hair strand falls in front of my eyes and Merida softly ticks it behind my ear. She bites her bottom lip, as if scared.
-Would it be a crime if I kissed you? She asks and looks between my eyes and my lips. I shake my head.
-No... it would be completely okay... I say, the sentence fading out as she moves closer to me and kisses me.
I put a hand on her cheek and she puts her other hand around my neck. We pull away and she smiles.
-Wow... yer lips is more soft than I imagined, she breathes. I blush morbidly, before she kisses me again.

Later that day:
-Should we tell our parents? I ask as Merida paces around my room.
-I mean:.. I guess we'll have to. We don't really have another choice, she says and puts her hand on her chin in thought. I sigh and put my hands in my lap, defeated. Merida then stops pacing and sits down beside me. She grabs my clasped hands.
-Hey, she says and I look to her. She smiles and rubs circles in the back of my hands.
-We're going to be ok... she says, making me smile slightly.
-... Ok, I say and she kisses my forehead softly.