Merida x Female! Reader part 1

BEWARE!!! There will be a lot of gay panic and obliviousness in this story.... it's a slow burn, and I'm sorry for torturing you, but um.... yeah.

Enjoy :)
————————————————————————

Y/N POV:

My father is taking me to the land of Scotland. I was going to meet the king and queen of Danbroch and it was making mad, trying to ask my father on why. He had made me take English classes since I was 12 for this moment.
Let me get you some backstory.

My name is Y/N borgholme and I come from the kingdom of Stockholm, Sweden. My father, the king, always wanted to travel to another country. A foreign country, with crazy languages and traditions. He found the land of Scotland and contacted the king of Danbroch. They immediately set up a meeting.

And now, 6 years later, where almost at the coast of Dunbroch. It had been a long, tedious and veeeeeeeeeery boring. I had already read the 5 English book my dad assigned for me on this trip. Now I'm just looking towards the wooden walkway out in the water coming closer and closer as we move in. Many people come towards the shore and wave at us as we move in. I sigh and lean onto the railing of the boat.
-C'mon Y/N, it's just two months, my father says.
-Yeah... two months of re-reading the five books you'll actually allow me to read, I say.
-Well, the king here has a daughter. Maybe you won't have to just read? Maybe you'll be friends? Dad says and I scoff.
-Yeah. I bet she's one of those snobby princesses that wears those big dresses that won't let anyone being within a 2 meter perimeter of her, I say and dad laughs.
-Maybe, he says and walks away to loudly greet the equally as loud king of Dunbroch.

The boat is tied down and our sailor men throw out a wooden plank for us to finally get onto land. I sigh as I feel the grass bend under my shoes. I sigh and close my eyes and try not rocking back and forth, like I've done for the past 2.5 weeks.
I feel my dad put a hand on my shoulder.
-And this is my bright jewel for a daughter; Y/N, he says and I open my ale yes back up. There stands a big man with red, curly hair and a mustache.
-Ah, Y/N! So nice to finally meet you! Your dad has told me an awfully lot of good of you! He praises me.
-Good to meet you too sir, I say with a heavy Swedish accent.
-Oh please, call me Fergus! We're all just people here, he chuckles and starts leading us towards the castle.

-Ye know, I have a daughter in your age. She's a wild lass, but I can already tell that ye'r gonna be good friends, Fergus says as we reach the front gate of the castle. In front of us lies a courtyard with the people of Dunbroch excitedly looking at me, my dad and our sailors.
We walk through the mass and reach the big entrance to the castle.
-I welcome ye, to the kingdom of Dunbroch! Fergus says and slams the doors open. Music starts playing out of funny looking instruments and people are still watching us. I shiver from the uncomfortable stares. Then, we reach a podium with 3 chairs and a small sofa, all made of wood. In the small sofa sits three small boys, probably not older than 5 and fighting. In the chair next to them sits the queen. Then, another chair over, sits a girl with playful, fiery red hair. She slumps in her chair as she looks over the sailors.

Fergus walks up to the queen, who stands up and he kisses her hand, before grabbing it and turning to us.
-Here we stand..... Uh, he starts and eyes the queen. She smiles and playfully rolls her eyes.
-Let us welcome; the king and princess of Sweden! She announces and people applaud. But I haven't kept my eyes off of the girl. And at the loud announcement, her eyes travel to me and they widen. She sits up straight and looks between me and my father. I quickly look away and feel my face heat up.

My father walks forward and bows in front of the queen, and kisses her hand, before mentioning to me.
-Queen Elinor, let me introduce to you, my daughter Y/N, he says. I quickly walk up to her and bow.
-My queen... I say.
-Oh please, call me Elinor, she says and puts a hand on my shoulder. I nod and stand back up.
-Let us introduce the triplets; Hamish, Hubert and Harris, Elinor says and the boys smile at us with gummy grins. I smile back and wave a little.
-And the princess and heir of Dunbroch; Merida, Elinor continues and motions to the girl in the chair. She immediately stands up and just stands there. Her mother waves her over and she quickly walks over. Her eyes are wide and her face red, much like her hair.
-It is very nice to meet you Merida. I've heard good things about you, My dad says. She nods timidly and her eyes meet mine.
-It's a pleasure to finally meet you, I say and bow my head. She nods again.
-It's very nice to meet ye too, she says in a heavy accent. I feel myself stifle a giggle at the voice cracks in the sentence, as if I wasn't nervous enough for my own English.

The king and queen immediately tours the castle with us, and they finally stop right where we begun, my feet are aching and I was fighting my eyelids for some rest.
-Now, is there anything you need? The queen asks and clasp her hands.
-Yes please, I say and the princess looks concerned at me.
-I'd like to have some rest... I've had many sleepless nights on the boat travel here, so if I may, I'd like to sleep undisturbed until the morning, I say. The king and queen look outside, and the sun has just begun setting.
-Well, if that's what our visitor asks, then of course, the queen smiles.
-Maudie! Would you show our guest to her room? The queen asks a maid that walks by. She was chubby and her cheeks flapped a little as she nodded, but she looked very nice and friendly.
-Right this way, she says and begins walking to the stairs.
-Godnatt älskling (Goodnight honey), dad says and kisses my forehead. I share a last glance with the princess, before following Maudie up the stairs.

Oh it was going to be nice to finally get a long, well deserved sleep.... and maybe, I'll get to talk to the mysterious princess in the morning.

Merida POV, later that evening:

That princess of Sweden was really pretty... I mean, I don't wanna be her, but she was very good looking. I wouldn't say no if she was to brush my hair through with her fingers...
I can't exactly explain... she's just... wow.
She's was so elegant and beautiful.

I don't think I've ever through about a woman the way I think about her... Is definitely want her to hug me and k- oh my god! I have... no, I couldn't have, I-I...! No, I just really want to be her friend and... get to know her more as a person... yeah...

Although I would bet an entire weeks dessert on that her lips would feel really soft against mine, and- NO! Merida, stop! Ye are not to think those unholy thoughts! Ye'r a princess for gods sake!
I need to stay away from her... for me own sanity....