Meridan x Escaping! Reader

I had enough!
I took my coat, packed my horse h/n and galloped away. I couldn't stand it there another second! This was the fifth time she had tried to food poison me this week, just to bring me to a kingdom, to marry a prince.
My "mother" was a nightmare!

I cried so everything around me got blurry, so I couldn't see where I was going, and suddenly h/n dropped me, and I fell unconscious.

Meridian's POV:
I heard a horse somewhere in the woods.
Weird. No one ever goes there except me. Even Angus got a little bit startled by the sound.
-C'mon Angus, let's check it out, I say. I jump onto his back and slowly starts making my way towards the sound.
There is a horse. He stands bend over, over something.
As I come closer, I can clearly see that the horse was guarding... A beautiful girl?
I give the horse an apple and then checks on the girl. She has a wound on her forehead as well as some small bruises on her face.
I better take her home, to mother. I set her on her horse and takes the both horses collars, and start leading them back to the castle.

Y/N's POV

I wake up in a unfamiliar room. I try to sit up, but then a big amount of pain hits me in the head, so I lay back down.
Suddenly, someone knocks on the door. A woman walks in.
-Oh! You're awake! What a joy! She says.
-Where am I? I ask curiously.
-You're in the kingdom of Danbroch of course! The woman says and puts a bowl of steaming hot water beside my bed and starts patting my head with a cloth. I wince when she comes to a certain area of my head.
-If I may ask, who are you? I ask the lady.
-I'm queen Elenor, she says, and I wince again.
-How did I come here? I ask.
-The prince saw you unconscious in the woods two days ago. I think he'd be happy to see you. Elenor says and goes to the door.
-Thank you! I say before she can go out.
-For your kindness. I say. She smiles at me and closes the door. About two minutes later someone is knocking at the door.
-Come in! I say. In comes a boy about my age, well built and maybe a little taller than me.
-Hello. He says. He has a thick accent.
-I'm Meridan, he says and comes into the room fully and closes the door.
-And you are? He asks curiously.
-Y/N. I answer bluntly,

Two weeks later...

I've been here for about two weeks now, and I and Meridan are about the best friends by now. We share secrets and adventures, but I've never told him that I'm a princess. And they've let me stay for as long as I wish.

But today he seems a little out of place.
Meridian comes in and slams the door.
-What is it Meridan? I ask and put down my book.
-My mother wants me to marry a princess. He grumbles loudly.
-Apparently someone who doesn't live far from here. He says. Oh no... it's me...
-Now I'll NEVER get to be free ever AGAIN! He shouts and punches the wall.
-I want someone that'll let me live my life. You know right? He asks. I nod.
-We all do. I want my husband to let me be wherever I want to be. I say. He nods.
-And the girl I WANT to marry, I can't have just because she's not royalty. He says. My heart breaks a little.
"The girl he loves?"
Meridan sighs loudly.
-Actually..., I say, looking down at my feet.
-She's already here. I say and look up in Meridan's chocked eyes.
-Where!? He says and looks out the window.
-I can't see anyone. He says.
-No. I mean she HERE! I say. His eyes widen.
-You're a... You're a? He asks speechless.
-Yes... Princess Y/N, at your service. I say.
-But. But. What? He says.

I tell him the story of when I had enough of my mom and ran away.
-And ever since I've started to know you, I've actually started to feel something for you... I say with tears in my eyes.
-But you already love someone. Someone who's not me. I say and starting to cry. Suddenly I feel strong arms wrap around me.
-Oh Y/N... You're the girl I'm in love with. I asked my mother if I could marry you, but since you weren't royal, I couldn't marry you. But look at this! You're the princess my mother wants me to marry, and I am hopelessly in love with you! This can't be any better! He says and looks into my watery eyes. He wipes away some tears that is left on my cheek.

We look deeply into each other's eyes, and start leaning in. We meet in a loving kiss.
We pull away when we hear a gasp from the doorway.
-Y/N! How could you? Elenor scolds.
-No! Mom, she IS the princess you've wanted me to marry all the time! She escaped from her mother that have wanted to marry her away since she was twelve! Meridan protects.
Elenor takes a second look at me. Then she smiles.
-You may marry her.
-And you have no idea how much I lo-
Wait what? Meridan asks.
-You may marry. Elenor says again.
Me and Meridan looks at each other, then we smile.
-What do you say? He asks and gets down on one knee.
-Do you, Y/N, want to marry me, and live freely around the land for the rest of your days?
He asks.
-I'd love to! I say. Meridan the picks me up by my waist and spins me round. Then we kiss again.

See you in the next chapter, Bye!

998 words!