Jerry Martinez (Kickin it) x insecure! reader

Y/N POV:

-Aaaah, I don't know about this Kim. I mean, what if I embarrass myself? I ask my friend as she walks with me to her dojo in the mall.
-You won't, I promise! They're super chill! Kim reassures me as she opens the door. I am met with the smell of sweat and cleaning sprays.
-Hey guys! I want you to meet Y/N! Kim announces and mentions to me. I awkwardly wave to them as they look at me... but I quickly stop when I see my crush.... Jerry. I feel my face heat up.
-Sup Y/N! You looking to join? Jack asks.
-mhmmm, I answer and nod. A man in a karate gi walks up to us.
-Hey Rudy, this is my friend Y/N, she's looking to join, Kim says.
-Hi Y/N, welcome to the Bobby Wasabi dojo! Rudy says and shakes my hand.
-Hi Rudy. I'm just trying it out for now, I... I got some bully problems at school and Kim said you could teach me some moves, I say sheepishly as everyone gathers around me.
-Well sure! Just get changed into some training clothes and we can get started! Rudy says welcoming. I nod and Kim leads me to the changing room and we change.

When we get out, Rudy places me in the back so he can teach me some basics.
-Do you mind... taking off your glasses for me? They may get kicked off, Rudy says.
-Oh, Uhm.. sure, I say hesitantly and take off my glasses and place them on the floor next to me. Everything turns foggy and I try keeping my balance, but failing slightly. This was going to be hard. I could see Jerry look at me during training... Which I guess isn't weird, since I'm new.

A couple of weeks later:
I've been training with the wasabi gang for about 5 weeks and Jerry would always look at me funny, and it made me uncomfortable. I would always catch myself looking in the mirror and fixing my hair before training or-or feeling like my training clothes looked bad on me. All for Jerry.... it felt weird, caring about how I looked anywhere else but school. And my bully problem had gotten a lot worse, so Rudy wanted me to try kicks. This was going to be hard without glasses.
I could feel Jerry watch me as I try keeping my balance and kick. Everything was once again foggy and my balance was failing me. I was trying to stand on a foot and slowly bring out my leg in a kick.
-C'mon Y/N, you can do it, just imagine a wall and kick straight through it! Rudy says.
-I can't! I say, bringing everyone's attention to me.
-Of course you can! Just kick! Rudy says. I bring my leg out and immediately fall on my back. It cracks slightly and I groan. Kim rushes to me.
-Omg, Y/N, are you alright? She asks. I shake my head as she helps me stand up.
-What happened? Milton asks.
-I uh... I start and lock eyes with Jerry slightly.
-Got distracted, I finish and blush. Then I turn to Kim.
-Girls bathroom. Now! I whisper and run to the girls bathroom, grabbing my glasses on the way.

Kim comes to the changing room and closes the door carefully.
-What's going on? She asks.
-I-I don't know. I just feel so stupid in these clothes and I can't see without my glasses and I always mess up when Jerry looks at me and I- Wait, what was that? Kim interrupts me.
-What? I ask.
-Do you like Jerry? Kim asks.
-No.... I try to avoid. Kim looks at me.
-Ok... I like Jerry, I admit and sit down. Kim laughs.
-What do you see in him? He's a total idiot! Kim says.
-Well, he's a nice and handsome idiot, I say and blush and embarrassed.
-Well... seems to me like you got his attention to me, Kim says and sits down next to me. I scoff.
-Yeah sure, these glasses are a total dude-magnet, I say and point to my glasses.
-Well, then we're gonna go get you lenses... it's no harder than that, Kim says and immediately drags me to the eye doctor.

A week later:
I'm standing outside the dojo with my new lenses and I feel weird without my glasses.
-I don't know Kim, I feel stupid, I say and fiddle with my fingers.
-No you look great! C'mon, let's train! Kim says.
There I stand again, trying to do the kick. But this time, it's not my horrible eyesight making me loose focus. No. It was Jerry staring intensely at me as he was doing sit ups.
I tried to do the kick multiple times, but I got so frustrated.
-I can't do it Rudy, ok!? I can't! Do it! I say. I grab my bag and storm out of the dojo in defeat.

A few weeks later, Jerry's POV:
Y/N hasn't been in the dojo for a couple of weeks now. Since the incident with the kick, she's just been overall absent. I didn't see her as often at lunch or in lessons, and when I did, her smile didn't reach her eyes like it used to.
-Hey Kim, where's Y/N been lately? I ask as I walk with her to science class.
-I actually don't know? She's been gone a lot, it's not like her, Kim says as she stops outside science.
-Well... I hope we see her soon, I say and move along the corridor to skip my next class.
-Why? Do you miss her or something? Kim teases.
-Uh, yeah, something like that, I smile to myself as I move towards my locker.

Suddenly I hear banging on metal and loud voices.
-You ugly piece of shit! You think someone misses you? A male loud voice shouts.
-Leave me alone! I can hear Y/N's voice say weakly back. I rush towards the voices and see Chad, a jock, push Y/N against a locker and slapping her.
-Hey, let her go! I shout at him. Chad looks at me and chuckles.
-Or what? He says.
-I'll get Jack to come kick your ass! I shout. His evil grin disappears and he quickly runs away. Y/N sinks to the floor and I run up to her.

-How are you? Are you ok? I ask and help her stand up.
-Yeah I'm fine, Y/N cries.
-You're not really fine, I say as she shakes her head. I open my arms and I embrace her lightly.
-It's ok... it's ok, I say as she sobs loudly, shaking her head.
-No, no it's not! She says loudly.
-If I could've just stopped staring at you I could've actually stopped him myself instead of being such a wimp, she cries.
This puts everything into perspective to me. The scared looks in the dojo... the low confidence... everything.
-No, no Y/N, you're great... he's a jerk, no one should treat anyone like that, I say.
-I know but I could've still beat his ass if I could've listened to Rudy instead of checking you out, she says, before her eyes widen and she backs away.
-Oh my gosh that sounded so creepy, She apologizes. I laugh.

Y/N POV:
-And now you're laughing, just great, I say as my head turns red from embarrassment.
-No, no, I just- I'm sorry, Jerry says.
-I didn't mean to laugh, he says.
-Well you did, I say embarrassed.
-No I just... I thought it was I who was checking you out during training, Jerry says.
-Wait w-what? I ask.
-I thought I was the creep that was checking you out, he says. I look at him and he awkwardly scratches his neck.

-So... what does that make us? I ask after a while.
-Maybe... would you go out on a date with me? Jerry asks. I nod and smile so my cheeks hurt.
-I would like that, I say.

One month later:
-Hellooooo prettiest girl Seaford, Jerry says, putting a hand next to my locker.
-Hello Jerry, I laugh and kiss his cheek.
-So, what lessons have you got today? Jerry asks.
-The same as every Thursday Jerry, I remind him and he nods as he puts an arm around me.
-Good to know, he says.

-Hey L/N! I hear Chad yell at me. I scoff.
-What Chad? I ask.
-So you poisoned Jerry? Chad laughs.
-No, why? I ask tiredly.
-Well why else would he like you? Chad says.
-Hey listen here Chad! If you ever- Jerry, babe, I got this, I cut Jerry off before he could do anything. I walk up to Chad who basically is laughing me in the face. I look at him with a neutral face before I hit him in the stomach. He doubles down onto the floor.
-Don't ever mess with me again, I say, before returning to Jerry, who smiles proudly at me.
-Yeah! That's my girl, WOOOOOOO! Jerry shouts before we turn down to the left.
We reach my classroom.
-Gonna skip? I ask him.
-Yup. Same as always sweetheart, Jerry says.
-Alright. See you in the dojo after school? I ask.
-Yup... Same as always, Jerry repeats before walking his merry way. I smile at him.
-See you there! I say. Jerry walks backwards and waves at me before I walk into my classroom.

-WOOOOO! Guess who's got the hottest kickass girlfriend ever!?