(°78°)

Trigger warning ~ 2ish sentences of verbal abuse (I think thats the right way to put it. Its not too bad but the comments they say are very intense and if youre having a depressive episode or anything, maybe skip the italics)

The next few days were pretty silent for Seokjin, laying still in Namjoon's bed and staring at the ceiling. Namjoon was concerned but had spent those same days tying up loose ends with Jiyong. Now, he was done. He could take a break and finally comfort the one he'd risked it all for.

"Babydoll?" He said, knocking on his own bedroom door and walking in anyways. Namjoon's eyes glossed over when he laid them on Jin, who laid in the same position he'd left him in the morning. "Sweetheart, please." He wasn't sure what he was pleading for, but whatever it was, he needed. He needed Jin to be okay. Mourning is normal but he still couldn't bare to watch.

Jin felt the bed dip to his side and he finally sat up to face him. "Daddy, I'm tired."

Namjoon shrugged off his clothes quickly and crawled in next to Jin, immediately holding him tight to his chest. "You didn't sleep all day?" He felt Jin shake his head. "Why not?"

Jin stayed put as he replied. "Don't wanna sleep with out Namjoonie, scared."

Namjoon kissed his forehead. "I'm so sorry, baby. Don't worry, Seokjinnie. You're safe here with me, okay?" He felt Jin nod. Even though he wasn't very convinced, he let it go anyways. "Let's get some rest and we can spend all day tomorrow together. How does that sound, sweetest?"

"'s nice," Jin tiredly mumbled into the other's chest.

"Goodnight, my Jin. I promise I'm here to keep you safe : always."

"Love you, Daddy."

"I love you, too."

Pretty soon they were fast asleep. Or, at least, Namjoon was. Jin lied still in Namjoon's embrace, bloodshot eyes from his exhaustion. He was scared to sleep. The last time he did, he had a nightmare about the day it all went down. He almost pictured Hyunsa's death but thankfully woke up before it progressed. Namjoon wouldn't understand, so he kept it to himself. This night was no different. He thought he'd feel more at ease with Namjoon but it wasn't doing what he'd hoped. So there, he lied awake.

"Help me, Jin!" He heard her scream helplessly. A clear view from under his bed, he watched as his father's men beat her to a bloody pulp. He flinched from her wails but didn't make a move.

"No one will miss you." He heard one of them hiss at her. Jin finally made a move to get out from his hiding spot but froze when he heard the gun cock. "No one will even know you're gone." Before he could react, the trigger was pulled. Right between the eyes.

And he just watched her bleed out.

Jin woke up gasping and immediately began to cry. His lungs felt like they couldn't get enough air and his vision hadn't adjusted to the dark yet. Seokjin was scared and lost.

Thankfully, it woke Namjoon up. "Baby, Jinnie, what's wrong?"

Jin felt around for Namjoon and fell to his chest once he'd found him. "Ni-nigh-t-ma-re."

Namjoon pulled him close. "I'm right here, Jin. I won't let anything happen to you."

"Wha-what abo-bout, what ab-out Hy-Hyunsa?"

Namjoon tensed. "I'm sorry I couldn't save her. But I promise you, darling, she wouldn't want you to be upset. She sacrificed her life for you. She saved mine but was doing it because she'd do anything in her power to make sure you were happy. Even if it meant losing her life. Baby, you meant the world to her. It's okay to be sad and you can take all the time you want. Maybe it's different for me because I've seen a lot of people I love die. But I promised her I'd take care of you. So that's what I'm gonna keep doing. I'm here to keep you safe. Don't be afraid to fall asleep. I'm right here if anything happens."

Jin's tears subsided and before he knew it, he passed out on Namjoon's chest again.

Help me, Jin!" He heard her scream helplessly. A clear view from under his bed, he watched as his father's men beat her to a bloody pulp. He flinched from her wails but didn't make a move.

"No one will miss you." He heard one of them hiss at her. Jin finally made a move to get out from his hiding spot but froze when he heard the gun cock. "No-"

"- wonder you suck at this game." Yoongi chirped. "Your arms are too long for this one. Let me try."

Namjoon gave up and tossed the ball to Yoongi, who beat the carnival game in one throw. The carnie running the both widened his eyes, surprised he managed to beat it. "H-here you go." He handed over the teddy bear and Yoongi thanked him as he took it.

"You're welcome, Jin." He said, handing over the bear.

Hoseok's chest swelled with pride. "You're so good at these!"

Namjoon waved them off. "Yeah, yeah. What matters is I managed to get him the bear."

"How?" Yoongi teased, scoffing as he did.

"Through cause and effect." Jin laughed and hugged the bear closely. "You like it, baby?" He nodded. "I'm glad. Only the most for my special man."

Jin woke up to birds chirping. The sun was out and peeking through the curtains.

"Oh, good. You're finally awake, Jin." Namjoon kissed his cheek and grinned when he felt the other smile back. "The crew is bringing us breakfast. Maybe we can just lie in bed together for the day." Chaeling walked in along with another maid. "Morning Chaeling, morning Wooseok. Thank you." They both politely bowed and left quickly. Maybe they felt the pain in the atmosphere. "Hungry?" Namjoon held in a coo when Jin sleepily nodded. He took some of the eggs and blew on it, holding it up to Jin's mouth. He ate it and hummed as he did. "Good boy."

Jin blushed at the praise, but his face fell when he remembered a question. "Daddy? What were her last words?"

Namjoon looked down solemnly before cupping Jin's cheek. "I don't remember them exactly, but she told me to take care of you and make sure you live the happiest life you want, for both you and her." He blinked rapidly, not wanting to remember the image. "I know you're sad, and you should be after losing her. But don't stay sad for too long, she wouldn't want that. Hyunsa wanted you to be as happy as you can be, and I promised her I'd make it happen."

Jin took it all in, nodding and sitting quietly a few seconds. "Daddy?"

"Yeah, baby?" Jin opened his mouth and pointed at it. Namjoon of course giggled. Jin felt it to be a privilege to make thee Kim Namjoon of all people, giggle. Namjoon fed him again. "Such a good boy, huh?" Jin nodded and gave Namjoon a lingering peck on the lips. The lingering was so he could poke his mouth with his tongue. He was quickly shoved away. "Ew!" Namjoon laughed, "Jinnie baby, you've still got food in your mouth!" Jin just chuckled mischievously.

Namjoon was right, he shouldn't be sad much longer. Maybe a few days was short to be crying over her, and it definitely wasn't going to be the last time he cried over her, but maybe he shouldn't spend his days staring at the ceiling. Hyunsa didn't put her life on the line for Jin to lie still.

×××
Another update ahh! Im not late im on a roll waaahhh

CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK THIS IS A THREAT I like it its cute DO IT

Oneus had their comeback aaahhh so good I bought the album >:) gets here soon

Thats it im gonna go poop

N O T P R O O F R E A D

Thanks mwuah