(°74°)

"I'm sad, Hyunnie." Jin cried as he sat against the headboard. A week in there and already they felt as if they were rotting away.

Hyunsa was sat beside him, sitting the same way. "I know, Jinnie. I am, too."

"Do you think we'll stay like this forever?"

Hyunsa sighed. What good would lying to him do for either of them? "I don't know, baby. I don't think we'll be here forever, but it might feel like it. Maybe a few months." Jin began to sniffle and it pained her. She was drained. She didn't know what to do anymore. But she couldn't bare to see him like this every day. "Shh, hey, why don't we color something. It always passes the time. And you're the best coloring-in-er I've ever seen."

Jin sniffed and wiped his cheek. "Really?"

"Mhm," she nodded. "I've never seen someone color so well."

"O-okay," he wiped the last of his tears away and hopped off the bed, grabbing a coloring book and crayons before coming back. "I can, can color."

"There you go, darling. Color me something pretty and we can hang it up in here." Jin nodded and got to work. While Hyunsa tiredly watched with a smile on her face before slowly drifting off to sleep.

"Hyunnie?" When he looked up and saw her passed out, he chuckled and kept working. "This picture is for you."

Jin owed her a lot. He began to think to himself, would she be here if it weren't for him? It was his fault she was now stuck here. His fault she'd been slapped. His fault she'd been distracted from her job all these years.

But what was keeping her here, anyways? She wasn't blood related. In this gang, turning your back on each other was needed and not taboo. Seokjin was the boss's kid, of course he'd stay. Why was she still here?

He teared up and continued to color, adding the finishing touches to it. Tears rolled off his chin while he bit his lip, trying to hold back everything as to not disturb Hyunsa. Hadn't he caused her enough stress already? However, it wouldn't go unnoticed. Not by Hyunsa or anyone else watching them.

"Jinnie?" She asked in a groggy voice. Hyunsa sat up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. "Seokjin? Sweetie, what's wrong?"

He couldn't hold it in anymore. He'd damaged her life. He was holding her back and now look where they'd landed.

"Im s-sor-ry, Hyuns-sa." Jin sobbed. He sobbed so hard it felt like the oxygen in the room had become a luxury all the money in the world couldn't afford. A smile can't hide anything if it's broken.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" He repeated it like it was the only words he knew.

Hyunsa was startled and confused. Seeing him in such a state, really shook her up. She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him close. Maybe this way her heart was close enough to him to be of any aid. "Sorry for what, Jinnie?"

He couldn't look her in the eyes, instead opting to bury his head in her neck. "I ru-ruined your, ruined your life!" He choked through words because he felt she needed to hear him say them regardless. "I-I burdened you, and n-now you're stu-ck with m-me. You don't deser-deserve this. I'm sorry."

Hyunsa began to cry as well. "Seokjin, baby, you're not a burden. Jinnie, to me you're my savior, sweetheart." She was tired, holding it in wasn't an option anymore. Not when she didn't have the strength for it. "Have I ever t-told you the story of how I came to be a servant of the Kim household?"

"N-no," Jin mumbled, "How?"

"Your father and I were childhood friends. He'd come from a wealthy family and I did not, so this world was quite a shock to me. But your grandfather and the rest of the family were very welcoming to me." She sniffed and rubbed some tears off her cheeks. "When I turned fifteen, your grandfather offered me a job as housekeeper here. Of course, I accepted.