(°31°)

Namjoon was beginning to get exceedingly worried. Where was his Jinnie? There was big, dangerous business at hand needing to be delt with, and the faster he found Jin, the faster he could know his baby was far away from it.

"Jin baby, this isn't playing anymore. I need you to come out right now or I'm going to punish you later. One, two," he hesitated, expecting some sort of movement from anywhere only to reveal Jin as the cause of it, but alas, the room remained silent. "Three."

Silence.

"Hyeonu," Namjoon spoke as he approached the door, ready to call for Hyeonu to scower the room in search of Jin.

But before he was able to make it to the door, he heard a hiccup of a sob.

He spun around on the balls of his feet toward his bed, and listened for the sound. As his feet were touching the covers, he heard another one. They were desperately trying to be contained by whoever was creating them, but their attempts at muffling them now weren't as good as they were a few minutes ago.

Namjoon knelt down and lifted the covers off of the edge of the bed, and found Jin laying underneath. His hands were clamped over his mouth and his eyes squeezed shut. "Oh, baby." Namjoon remained knelt on the ground as he stretched his arms out, grabbing Jin by the armpits and pulling him out from his hiding spot.

Jin hiccuped so full of sadness and fear. Namjoon's heart ached at the blubbering mess that was his Jin.

"Da-a-d-dy!" He cried out. The boy couldn't control anything, and could only cry and wail. He was little, he didn't understand.

Namjoon shushed him, and stood up only to sit down on the bed. Jin was cradled in his arms as he buried his face in Namjoon's chest while balling his shirt in his fists, pulling Namjoon as close as possible.

"Oh, baby. It's okay, Daddy is right here." He wrapped his arms around Jin's shaking frame and squeezed him, not wanting at all to even think about letting go. "What happened, Jin?"

Jin wouldn't answer, only wailed and kept his face in Namjoon's chest. The tears began to soak through Namjoon's shirt, which would leave some awkward wet spots, but that was a miniscule problem for later.

Namjoon tried to pull away to get a better look at Jin's face, but Jin whined and kept a tight grip on his shirt, clinging on and trying to keep him close.

"Hey, hey, hey, honey." Namjoon tried to catch his attention, moving one hand to the back if Jin's head and pulling away just enough for Jin not to notice too much. "Breathe, okay?" Namjoon swiped his thumb under Jin's eye. "In," he breathed in, Jin trying to comply and do the same. "Out," and exhaled. "Good job, Jin. Can you do it for me again, lovely?" Jin nodded and breathed in and out with Namjoon, over and over again. When Jin was able to remain a little calmer, with some hiccuping here and there, Namjoon made sure to praise him. He knew Jin loved the praise, and he loved to give it to him. "You did great, baby." He pecked Jin on the cheek, "My precious Jin did so well for me, right, baby?" Jin sheepishly accepted the praise, and wrapped his arms around Namjoon. "Care to tell me what happened, sweetheart?"

Jin nodded, clearing his throat of the phlegm that's gathered up as he wailed previously. "Da-ddy, Daddy leave?"

"What? No, why would you think I'd leave, baby?"

"Be-because I heard, you talking to man saying need to leave now." Jin was worried out of his mind, and Namjoon was worried for Jin's sake as well.

Namjoon sighed, "Honey, I need to leave for some important big boy work right now. But-"

Jin wailed and clung to Namjoon, "No! Don't leave!"

Truth be told, Jin was scared of Namjoon leaving because he assumed everyone's work was a bit on the dangerous side, as that's how he grew up. Jin grew up with everyone who 'worked', having the knowledge of possibly not coming back. He assumed everyone was like that. But he was more concerned with Namjoon literally
leaving. He'd never met anyone like Namjoon before. He didn't want him to go anywhere. He was scared of being replaced.

"Baby, I have to. I promise it'll only be a few hours. It's still early, I should be back around three." He tried to get Jin to look up at him, but Jin whined and buried his face back into his chest where his angry little fists sat. "I promise I'll come back. When we get back, we can cuddle. Wouldn't you like that, baby?"

Jin calmed down a little, but his breathing remained ragged. "Don't want Daddy to go."

"I'll be back in no time, Jinnie." He gave Jin's hair a kiss, inhaling the scent of his strawberry shampoo like it was a bouquet of flowers. "I promise. And then we can cuddle when I get back."

Jin was reluctant, and definitely planned on being angry when Namjoon came back, but replied nonetheless. "Okay."

Namjoon laid Jin down in his bed, "Take a nap so the time goes by faster, sweetheart." He moved closer and gave Jin a sweet, deep kiss. Jin wanted to hold him closer, but Namjoon moved to quickly to tuck him in. "I love you, Jinnie." He pecked his forehead. "I'll be back sooner than you know." He opened the door, and Jin was alone.

As upset as he was, the crying did make him very tired. He pulled the covers over his shoulders and turned to his side, clumping them up to hold close to his chest. The bed smelled like Namjoon. Maybe it'd be easier to wait for him than he'd thought.

×××
This was short eep sorry and sorry for the wait

Reeee

N E V E R P RO O F R E A D

K Thanks