(°83°)

"Daddy?" Jin asked, half mumbling into Namjoon's chest. He was straddling him and resting comfortably against his Daddy .

"Yes, baby?" Namjoon asked, calmly rubbing Jin's back with his large hands. It was lulling the other to sleep. Namjoon loved nothing more than Jin at peace, so soothing him and coaxing him into some shut eye was adorable.

"Jinnie misses Hyunnie."

"Mhm, I'm sure you do."

"But Hyunnie is happy now." Jin stopped for a few seconds before looking up at Namjoon with watery eyes and a wobbly bottom lip. "Hyunnie happy because Jinnie no there?"

"What? No, of course not, sweetheart." Namjoon dismissed the silly thought. "Hyunnie is happy because you are happy. She wants you to be loved. And you know who loves you?"

"Who?"

Namjoon gasped, feigning offense. "Me! You don't know I love you?"

Jin sat upright frantically and held his hands against Namjoon's chest. Oh no! Did Namjoon think Jin didn't love him? That can't be!

"No, no, no! Daddy loves Jinnie! Jin knows! Jin knows! Jin knows!" Seokjin shook his head, scared Namjoon didn't catch what he was saying.

Namjoon chuckled from above, "I'm just playing, Seokjinnie." He held Jin's hands in his own and swung them lightly. "Hyunsa wants you to be happy, and you're happy because you're with me, right?" Jin nodded. "Now, it's Hyunsa's turn to find someone who makes her happy like I make you happy. Do you understand?"

"Oh," Jin looked at him blankly, processing what he'd just been told. "But what about Jinnie?"

"Well, Hyunsa's always going to love you, Darling. Just, not in the way I love you. Someone else needs to love her like I love you."

"Why not Jinnie?"

Namjoon laughed at that. Boy, was Jin's brain working hard to keep up right now. "Because you love me different than you love Hyunsa. You can only love one person that way, and you love me that way, so you can't love Hyunsa like that."

"Okay, Jinnie and Daddy love like for only two and Jinnie and Hyunsa love for more?"

Namjoon scratched his head at that. That didn't make much sense but somehow it seemed like Jin had finally wrapped his head around it. "Uh, yeah, exactly. " He gave the apple of Jin's cheek a kiss. "You and me love each other like...blue, and you and Hyunsa love each other like....yellow?"

"Why not pink?"

"What's up, sweetheart?"

"Why we no love pink? Jinnie likes pink. Jinnie and Daddy's love is pink. Hyunnie and Jinnie's love can be green. Other favorite color is green. So, Hyunnie loves Jinnie in green."

Namjoon smiled, dumbfounded and impressed. "Okay, baby. Our love is pink, and pink love is only for your soul mate. Green love is for people you care about, but don't see in a soul mate way. Hyunsa needs to find her special pink love, Seokjinnie. Do you understand?"

Jin nodded, finally resting again on Namjoon and listening to the heartbeat thudding against his ear.

Namjoon realized Jin hadn't spoken in the third person like that in a while. Maybe Hyunsa's departure scared him into a deeper childlike state to cope. At least, that's what Namjoon pieced together. The more and more time spent together, the more Jin fluctuated from acting childish to acting his age. Namjoon smiled and laid his head on top of Jin's. He was proud of himself, he was crediting Jin's fluctuations to the new exposure to the world he'd brought to him. Of course, Namjoon loves Jin's silly, childish side, but he always assumed it was a result of sheltering, fear, stress, and sadness, as well as Jin just enjoying acting that way. It felt good knowing Jin felt more comfortable than before. He was able to act as childish as he wanted but also not too childish when he was upset.