(°61°)

Jin sat in the car and stared at his lap as he waited to arrive home. His father had jumped out to talk to Namjoon, but ordered the car Jin was in to go right ahead. Jin expected one car, as his father mentioned in the call. But five were waiting outside. He was a bit scared. After all they've been through, just because he hates Namjoon didn't mean he wanted them to hurt him. But he just couldn't bring himself to interfere.

He did catch his father making a threat along the lines of 'touch him again and you die', so he assumed they'd let Namjoon live.

But not that he would even be thinking about that anymore.

He arrived at his old house and sluggishly made his way into his room. The pink was  overwhelming, reminding him of his other pink room, the one at Namjoon's.

Jin's bag was dropped onto the floor and he flopped onto his bed, just planning to continue crying his heart out. The sun shined brighter than ever on today of all days. Maybe it was the universe taunting him for being so naive. He angrily marched over to it and aggressively slid the curtains shut before getting back under his sheets.

"Seokjinnie?" His father's familiar voice cautiously called from the door. All it took was one step forward before Jin reached his arms out towards him and began to wail. "Hey, it's alright, son." He quickly walked over to him and pulled him onto his lap.

Minsu felt his heart crack. The tears began to dampen his dress shirt and he pushed the thought of that away, deciding Jin was more important right now. Jin's face was buried in his chest, his cries releasing warm air onto Minsu's shirt. He spent the last few weeks dreaming of a warm reunion with his son. He didn't expect crying to be the source of the warmth.

But he had to admit, his was the end goal, wasn't it? To get his son back? He didn't want to hurt him. But it wasn't exactly him who did. He was just a very aggressive bearer of bad news.

"I'm so s-stupid!" Jin screamed painfully. It made Minsu tear up to hear just how hurt he was.

"No, you're not stupid, Jin." He rubbed Jin's back lightly. "Just naive. You're just a kid, it's okay to make mistakes."

Jin didn't answer, just kept crying. But not mistakes this big. He thought to himself.

If Namjoon didn't answer the call, maybe Jin would still be in his arms. But sooner or later, they'd still be in this position. It wasn't like Jin could just go off the map with both of their statuses, anyway.

Jin hated his curiosity. Why'd he have to be so nosy? He resented himself for not staying in the dark. Maybe they just kept him there to protect him.

"I'm so-sorry I-I," he paused to take a deep breath, "I'm so-sorry I left." Jin hiccuped particularly hard, prompting Minsu to lie him in bed and tuck him in.

"What matters is that you're safe and close." He kissed his forehead, just like he used to, and walked out.

Shut eyes and soft gasps for air echoed around while he calmed down. He was too tired to keep crying. He could pick up where he left off, later.

His father walked into the room, sitting down next to him and pulling him in for a hug. "Don't worry, Seokjin."

"Don't worry about what?"

Jin felt a chill scurry down his spine and quickly turned towards the door, right as an intruder burst through it. Jin jumped and took a few, slow steps back. His father seemed to be gone all of a sudden.

Covered in blood and sweat, the intruder trudged towards him. "Jin, help me."

Jin's eyes shot wide open. Namjoon was the disheveled person standing before him.