(°16°)

A few days had passed, and Jin was still feeling strange. Maybe it was being told he wasn't loved by his father, but that left him longing for another person to love him. Hyunsa always had, so he felt she didn't count. He wanted care from someone else.

Luckily, Namjoon wanted desperately to be that person.

It was eleven thirty at night, way past Jin's bedtime, when Namjoon's phone rung. "Hello?" He asked.

"Na-Namjoonie?"

"Yes, Sweetie?"

"Jinnie can't sleep."

"You can't sleep?" Namjoon stood up from his bed, heading to the stack of books Jin had picked out. He'd left them sitting on a chair in the corner. "Well, we can't have that. A prince should always get their beauty sleep."

Jin flushed red, "I prince?"

"Mhm," Namjoon replied with a happy grin, a grin Jin wished he could see. "You're a prince to me. I wish you were my prince."

Jin didn't reply. He couldn't, not when Namjoon's sweet comments sent his brain racing one hundred miles per hour.

"Anyway," Namjoon cleared his throat, "What's got you up so late?"

"Don' know, sad?"

Namjoon's small gasp on the other end of the phone startled Jin. But Namjoon was just surprised by Jin being sad. He'd never heard him say that before. "Why is sweetie Jin sad?"

Jin pretended to yawn in an effort to avoid the question for a little while. The wound was too fresh for him. "Don' know."

"Was that a fake yawn? I feel like it was fake."

"....maybe." Jin giggled.

"Well then, what can I do to help you sleep, hmm?"

"Don' know."

Namjoon chuckled, "Those sound like they're your favorite words." Namjoon could practically feel his chest warm up as he talked to Jin, something he didn't particularly like before he met Jin. "How about I read to you. Hmm? Will that help?"

Jin giggled, "Don' know."

"Well why don't we give it a shot." Namjoon cleared his throat as he began to read, and Jin listened intently in his bed. He imagined sitting in Namjoon's lap as he held the book infront of them both. The thought of being wrapped in a blanket as well as Namjoon's arms sent warmth coursing through his limbs and heat to his cheeks.

"I hope they soft," Jin babbled on about some sheep in the book. Namjoon liked to hear him talk like that, so freely and almost without direction. It was definitely childlike, to say the least.

"Oh, I bet you they were." Namjoon replied, never missing a smooth opportunity to make heat rise to Jin's face, even if that was over the phone where he couldn't see it happen. "I doubt the lambs were as soft as you're hair, though."

After a little while longer, the little book was over. Much to both of their disliking, they knew they should go to sleep.

Jin stiffled a yawn, "T'ank you, Joonie."

On the other end, Namjoon smiled fondly. "Of course, Jin." Namjoon couldn't help but be a little nervous to ask the next question, which was definitely out of the ordinary. Kom Namjoon did not get nervous. Especially not due to someone who can't kill him. He took a deep breath, "H-Hey, Jinnie?"

"Mhm?"

"Can I read you a bedtime story tomorrow night?"

Jin gasped excitedly, "Uh-hah! Pretty please!"

Namjoon chuckled, "That's great, sweetheart." He yawned quietly, "You should be asleep, mister."

Jin giggled, "Joonie sleep, too."

"Okay, okay!" Namjoon placed the book on his nightstand and turned off the lamp next to his bed. "Goodnight, my Jin."

"Night, Joonie!" With that, Jin hung up the phone, and fell asleep.

The next few weeks continued just like that ; Namjoon and Jin talking all day and sometimes going out to the park. But at the end of the day, Jin was always read a bed time book by Namjoon.

It made Jin go crazy whenever Namjoon would suggest another trip to the library, where Jin would pick out stacks and stacks of books to be read. Not only that, but he became excited for bed time. No, not the part about falling asleep, but the part about listening to Namjoon's sweet, sultry voice read to him about unicorns, monkeys, and princesses.

But the time came where Namjoon wanted more. He wanted to see Jin's happy smile more often. They upgraded to video calls instead.

However, Jin didn't like them as much. "No! Don' look!"

"Aw, Jinnie, why not?"

"Not pretty!" Jin protested, pointing at himself.

Namjoon gasped, "Not pretty?!" He looked, almost insulted. "You're beyond pretty, you're stunning to me."

Jin's face grew red and he smacked his hands onto it, trying to hide his embarrassment. Not that he didn't like it. "I'm n-not, not dressed up."

"You don't need to get ready in order for you to look amazing, Jin." Namjoon looked into the camera sincerely, hoping Jin would believe his words. It was genuinely what Namjoon thought, and he really wanted Jin to think so, too.

"T'anks," he played with the ends of his onesie sleeves. "Joonie?"

"Yes, Darling?"

Jin tried to ignore the pet name so that it'd be easier to speak, instead of flusterdly stumbling around his words. "C-can we go, we go out? A date again?"

Namjoon's smile grew ten times, "Yeah, of course we can. How about tomorrow at eight?"

"I-I don', don' know. That's when it's dark."

"I'll protect you," Namjoon puffed his chest out, exaggerating, and pretended to draw a sword. "I am a trained knight, and I shall protect the prince!" He said in a old time'y voice. Jin's laugh, although a little strange, set his chest on fire. "Besides, I'll have you home by ten."

Jin nodded, "Okay!" He leaned up to the phone camera. "Go to bed, Joonie!"

"Okay, okay!" He smiled, "Goodnight, prince."

Jin's big lips stretched into a smile as well, "Night, Joonie!" He hung up the call.

He knew he should be going to sleep, but he couldn't help scrolling through different social medias. After all, he wasn't very tired. It's hard to be when the guy you like just spent three hours talking to you.

Jin scrolled for an hour before he landed on a picture, it read 'Daddy's Boy' in cursive on a blue background.

"Daddy," Jin mumbled to himself as he recalled Namjoon mentioning that he should call him that. He clicked on the picture information, which sent him to a blog. The banner read 'Little Stuff'.

Jin was curious, but his body was exhausted. So he made it a book mark, and closed his computer. Hugging his stuffed animal close, he shut his eyes, and dreamt of cuddling in a bed with his Namjoonie.

×××
Howdy once again sorry for not updating but i am feeling better! Me and my gf are doing great and she calls me baby and aw and I'm going to chicago pride on sunday!

Seventeen announcing the world tour has me so shook. They're my bias group most likely and i know im gonna be picking up extra shifts in order to buy front row. I wanna be close enough to punch them, but with love. I might also make a sign that says "lesbians love hansol" or variations of that

Anyway, sorry for the wait!

Who is your favorite japanese member of a kpop group? Mine is definitely Momo from twice

N E V E R P R O O F R E A D

K Thanks :)