(°15°)

"What happened to my mom?"

His father visibly tensed in his seat, and then let out a breath he hadn't noticed he'd been holding in. "Nothing you need to know, son."

Jin clenched one of his fists to try and calm himself down, "I disagree, I think I should know why I don't have a mother."

"You do have a mother!" His father said, raising his voice. The sudden loud sound made Jin shrink back slightly against the door. His father noticed,and spoke quietly again, "She's just, she's just not, here."

"So she left us?" Jin asked.

"All you need to know, is that she is not around here."

"That's not enough." Jin protested, "What happened to her?"

"Jin, stop asking. I gave you an answer twice already. I won't answer a third time. Stop asking." His father replied.

"Why don't I have a mother?" Jin asked again.

His father stood up once again and walked quickly towards Jin. "Because you made her disappear!" His father shouted. Jin wished he could be as small as possible as to not be seen. His father sucked in a breath harshly, "Mina is gone! My dear Mina is gone! And you're the reason why!" Each start of a sentence sent a stab through Jin's chest.

"Papa, what did I do?" Jin asked quietly.

"Don't interrupt!" His father yelled after slamming his cup of water against the wall. It shattered across the floor, leaving bits of class everywhere and some small cuts on the man's hand. "She's gone! It wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been born! She said she wanted a baby and I told her this life was too dangerous for that. But I loved her so much, what she asked for would always be what she got. I gave her a baby and she was over the moon." He smiled slightly as he reminisced about his time with his wife. But that smile quickly faded into a scowl as he turned to stare at Jin. "But you came along. Those idiots decided I'd gained something and had to lose something in order to keep the balance. But you're nowhere close to my Mina : I should've gotten her a dog."

The last sentence was the one to make the tears hiding in Jin's eyes flood out onto his face. He wiped them away but it was no use ; as where one was swept away, three new tears slid down his cheeks in it's place.

"You're crying as if you lost someone! Get out! Get out and don't ever ask about Mina ever again!" He yelled. Jin walked quickly out the door and ran into his room.

He collapsed onto the bed and hugged his stuffie tight to his chest as he sobbed into it's fur. Time went by quickly when he wasn't paying attention to it.

A couple minutes later, his father opened the door and entered Jin's room. Jin curled up smaller on his bed, pressing his side against the headboard. He was scared until he saw his father's face was just as tear stained as his own.

"I'm sorry, Jinnie. I shouldn't have raised my voice at you." He sat down on the corner of the bed, staring at the floor. "I just," his voice broke, "I miss her so much. And I, I try to push away talking about her. I want to keep her all to myself." He glanced up at Jin, "You know, you have her eyes." He smiled at the floor before standing up. "That being said, I could never forgive you for taking my Mina away. I'm sorry, Jin. I care about you, but I don't love you. The only thing I love about my son, is the features he shares with my Mina." He said with his back turned towards Jin, before walking out the door and out of the house.

Jin sobbed and sobbed, gasping desperately for air his lungs couldn't quite reach. What did that mean? What did he share with his mother?

"Jinnie?" Hyunsa stood timidly in the doorway, waiting for permission to enter. When Jin didn't reply, she took things into her own hands and simply walked in. Taking a seat next to him, she scooped him up into her lap.