56.

Crimes Of Old Remembered.

Halwright.

"Ben where, what the hell!" Alarion exclaimed as they moved past images of what happened in the past, most images were of the old school before the hybrids were ever at Halwright. "My power over time gives me control to move into the past and into the future, with vision that power is magnified to however I want because he is the representation of time itself." The witch explained to the angel and the hybrid beside him.

"How have you obtained so much in so little time?" The hybrid Annel questioned as he looked in awe at Benjamin who seemed to have an answer for him right then. "Sometimes when the weak are forced to be strong, we tend to become resilient and gain power through any means, there is a darkness in all of us through the ways in which we gain our power but that's exactly what makes us strong." Ben replied as the flurry of images finally stopped at the time when the school was built.

"What do you see?" Ben asked Annel, as they were in the middle of a gravel filled field, the first of the students were being welcomed to the school, all boys with scowls and grim faces that seem to radiate despair and hate. "Suffering." Alarion replied as he looked at the boys who all seemed to suffer. "Exactly, this is where it all began, it was the best place to place away your children, forget them, and in turn, they forgot you, none of them were wanted, and the witches here were those who suffered most because of the purge as well." Ben explained and snapped his fingers.

They all appeared by the great hall, Halwright was in midst of war. "My kin." Annel mumbled as he looked at the figures of those who were on top, killing and fighting. "This is the battle that changed everything, the nobles executed the hybrids but also learned something else, something the school was meant for." Ben added as he looked at the figures of the remaining council members that governed Halwright. "The hybrids had been tamed and their power was incredible." Annel replied as he wiped away a tear. "From then on, the royals sought to bring their own children here, so that they could be tamed, but that plan had a flaw." Alarion was the one who had spoken as Ben snapped his fingers again.

They were back to kill day, Benjamin arriving at the school, this was the factor they never accounted for, Halwright had been a school of unfairness, death, and misery, the royal clans fought for power, but they didn't account for someone to intervene and set off a chain reaction that would change a lot of things in Halwright. "The royal clans didn't account on you going to the school did they, but I'm sensing there is more to it." Annel pressed on and Alarion smirked.

"Benjamin is an anomaly that shouldn't have happened, as you must have realized he's born from a union between a brother and sister, the previous king was a half blood Syre and so was his sister, the two were mated resulting in the current king, his sister and Ben, his siblings are half bloods but somehow Benjamin wasn't half, he was both a siphon and a nephalium." The angel smugly remarked as Ben moved past them. "So that's how you were able to gain your power." Annel added as he looked at the witch.

"The royal clans had no knowledge of my existence except my sister's mate, who sadly isn't hers anymore, I found Halwright as a place one would never want to be, there was so much pain, so much death, they were powerful no doubt but also broken, and what set me off was that my best friend was part of that and I had sent him to Halwright hoping he would survive, I found out he had, but at a cost." Ben explained as the images all around them blurred and blended until they showed the time Ben was claimed by the demon Hayes.
.

"You should've died." Annel blurted out making Ben chuckle. "I should have but that's the thing, I didn't and as I stand here I'm currently the witch with more access to demonic magic than anyone else, but that's not why I'm showing you this, I hated him at first, then I fell in love with him, I learned about his inner nightmares and he told me about the inner nightmares of all the council members, along with the secrets Halwright kept, the mystics here were all part of a plan, they were sent to hone their power then be used as weapons but I couldn't allow it." Ben explained as he changed the scenery.