35.

Halwright: Council Hall.

"I don't even know if I want to attend the festival." Kyra exclaimed as the plans for the joint festival of lights were being made by the faction leaders.

"Be that as it may, Kyra you represent the witches again, meaning you have to be there, along with the rest of you." Ben states sitting on Hayes's lap. "Fine, I guess, but you're coming as well I'm not suffering alone." The curly headed witch retorts making Ben glare at him.

"I don't see why we can't cancel, I mean they openly attacked us, and last night they tried to enter the forbidden part of the enchanted forest, which went really badly for the intruders." The person who had spoken was the were leader, everyone was stunned to hear him speak.

"We can't cancel because the fest is in a few days, they already made plans and we can't cancel, it's tradition." Lucian replied with a bored tone, he as well like the rest of the faction leaders didn't want to be at the festival.

Hayes sighs and buried his nose in Ben's hair which had grown a little past his shoulders but with his styling, it didn't seem so. "Let's just plan the damn thing and set precautionary measures at each building in the school, the grounds and anywhere else susceptible to attack." Theo stated and everyone agreed.

"I'm on board with that, it will be easier, so we can just move past it because we all know what comes next after the festival." Robin exclaimed and all the twelve people groaned in their seats.

"Oh cheer up, I'm sure all your parents would love to see you." Mrs. Deor spoke up as she entered the room, everyone looked at her with a quirked brow conveying one message. "Really." Ben finally let it out and she chuckled.

"She's being optimistic, don't blame her." Carter muttered and everyone chuckled. "Benjamin I believe you will be assigning us our duties for the festival week." Alarion spoke toward Ben with a smile who nodded.

The angel had become less anti social and more spoken with the help of his mate and the witch his brother was obsessed with. "Festival week is from Monday to Saturday, there are twelve of us here and we will manage a certain day, you will be working with your mates, however if you want any help feel free to ask." Ben stated as he announced the days each of the faction leaders would lead.

"Ben don't give the staff a break so we move and plan things ourselves." Lucian whined and Paige chuckled. "Don't worry I'm not doing it." The witch replied and Lucian sighed in relief.

"Let's get started after school today, we will meet at the great hall." The angel announced as they stood up to leave, Mrs. Deor who stood to watch the proceedings was pleased with what she had seen and the growing bonds between the faction leaders.

~~

"I will see you later." Ben kissed his demon before he reluctantly let go, the demon turned around and walked toward his own class leaving the witch with a smile. "Hey Ben, you've been busy." Lario exclaimed walking toward Ben, the two witches smiled toward each other and began walking together.

"Yeah I have, since the whole Kay thing and now the festival, how is your project going, I hope my workroom is not in shambles." Ben spoke sternly and Lario fumbled over his words.

"No no, it's not, the project is going great but I can't seem to get the auxis conversion rate with the polarity." Lario asserted showing Ben the paper of what he had been working on. "Well you need to add more oak wood sap, mountain ash, sorveil vine, it will make the base stronger so it's a better bind before conversion." The witch explained rewriting a few things on the paper.

Lario smiled happily knowing he would have a breakthrough. "Now I get it, thank you!" Lario muttered happily as they made it to Ben's class. "I will be in my workroom later after preparation for the festival, I will see you then." Ben reassured Lario as they went their separate ways.

When he was by the door a student bumped into Ben unknowingly making him drop a book he was holding, the witch crouched down to get his book before he could a hand grabbed it. "I'm so so sorry Sir Ben." The wendigo expressed his apology by bowing and Ben nodded in response.

"It's okay, just be careful next time." The wendigo nods as he made his way out of the class, Ben walked in and sat on his own, none of the students would sit at his table, they either feared or respected the witch so much so they couldn't be near him.

Theo walked in and slid down next to Ben. "You have this class?" The witch asked astounded by Theo's presence in the class. "Yeah, I wasn't attending but now I'm finally taking it seriously." Theo confessed as he got comfortable.

"I know you're still hesitant about being friends with me, I would be too, but I would really like it if you gave me a chance to prove that I'm not the same person as before." Theo knew he had to be the better person and explain to Ben that he wasn't the same person as before.

"I know you aren't Theo, otherwise you wouldn't be sitting next to me, I know why you wanted me to do that, and I totally understand, I would've done it too if I were in that position, the good thing is you learned from it and apologized." Ben replied the fae knowing he had been trying to reach out for so long.

It was about time he stopped being petty and finally accepted Theo and obviously meet him halfway. "Thanks Ben, I won't let you down, and I know it's not going to be easy but I guess not all friendships start out perfectly." The two laughed lowly between themselves.

"The best ones never do I'm afraid, how's Tai by the way?" Ben asked as they laid out their notes on the table in front of them. "He's good, we are good, he was worried because of the fight I had with Esteban but after convincing him for over five hours, he finally believed me." The two chuckled again as the lesson began.

Ben knew that it was time to bury the hatchet with Theo, though the fae had started off on a crappy note he found his way again, he apologized for what he did and showed that he had changed and that's what mattered.

~~

"Mate bonds amplify power of the two individuals, some more than others." The bell rang as the teacher in front of his class stopped explaining. "We will continue tomorrow have a good day." He added and Hayes stood up to leave.

"Hayes wait up!" A voice all too familiar yelled and Hayes turned around with a quizzical brow raised toward Alarion. "What is it Alarion?" He asked with an annoyed stare. "Stop being grouchy and I wanted to say I'm sorry for attacking you without reason." The angel calmly stated making Hayes sigh.

"That was hard for you wasn't it?" The demon taunted and Alarion glared at him. "Your mate and mine are practically best friends and I'm friends with him too, I just wanted us to stop fighting and get along, we're all outcasts here it best to stick together." Alarion explained himself to the demon.

Though hesitant to accept the hand being offered, Hayes knew that this was what Ben wanted, he wanted them to get along for the sake of the school and everything that would be at stake at some point if they didn't get along.

"Fine, truce." Hayes shook Alarion's hand. "I'm going to the hall now, coming?" Hayes asked and the two who had once fought fiercely walked side by side with mutual respect for the other.

Alarion now knew that Hayes was a better person due to Ben, and also Devin his mate had been right, the school was made of people unwanted and discarded by their families, they weren't wanted and so it was only right to stick together than fight without progress.

~~

"That's new." Kyra stated as he pointed to Hayes and Alarion walking into the hall together. "It sure is, but it's one huge step in the right direction, we need to be united to conquer." Lucian muttered beside the witch. "You're absolutely right." Kyra adds.

"Okay guys let's get to work, I have a mate to feed in three hours." Ben announced when he walked in making everyone laugh. "You're being naughty again." The demon whispered to his witch. "I'm tying you to the bedpost tonight." He asserts.

+++

LMJ