24.

Halwright.

Hayes was pacing back and forth as he looked to the sleeping form of Ben on the bed. It had been a few hours since the incident at the demon dorm. The mystics had never felt power like that before. The bright light that seemed to get fierce with each breath.

It was truly magnificent to see this and to some it was terrifying. It had only lasted a few minutes but it seemed to have blinded them for an hour. The demon was a far cry from being okay. As he paced in the vampire penthouse. All the faction leaders who were friends with Ben had been there waiting for him to wake up.

Hayes accepted a drink from Robin and chugged the whole liquid down his throat. "Does anyone know what the fuck happened back there." Lario spoke holding Carter who seemed to tremble with what he felt. "I don't know but I've felt this kind of power before only on a lesser scale, with Kyra." The wendigo spoke up. "Yeah I've read about it, but I'm not sure if it can apply to Ben." The siren walked to where Kyra stood.

"Could it be the curse." He whispered to Kyra. The witch turned teary-eyed. Robin immediately rushed to him. "Kyra, what is it?" The vampire now held his beloved in an embrace. The two held onto each other as Kyra wiped his tears away. "I'm fine, it's okay." Sniffling a bit the witch looked to Lario, Carter, and Hayes.

"Do you remember the golden glyphs that appear on his body when he does certain magic." Hayes nods, so do the rest. Kyra then let his own magic free showing the writings on his arms, it looked to be different than what appears on Ben. "The marks of the gifted." Devin uttered. The room suddenly became silent.

"Don't tell me he received a curse because of his descent." Hayes groans. "I think it's possible, but he already had a curse, I'm not sure why he got another or it seems his previous one wasn't a curse rather just magic he could perform." Everyone was silent again as they thought of what had happened.

"Is that why he was saying no and pleading?" Lucian had settled on a couch facing Carter. Kyra sighed and nods in response. "Curses are involuntary, they give great power but you'll always have a burden on your shoulders from that power you've received. It's why at times I can't control my powers." The curly haired Kyra spoke as he and Robin sat down. "He will wake up soon, he heals fast." Carter laid a comforting hand on Hayes.

"Well I never thought I'd see you all behaving and being nice to each other." Ben stood by the door to the bedroom. Startling everyone as he spoke. "Benjamin Roman Syre don't ever do that to me again." The demon held his mate in an embrace that made Carter and Kyra tear up.

"I'm sorry I just didn't expect that I would receive that damn thing, I always thought when I got the first it was done with." The little witch stuns everyone who was in the room. "You knew that would happen?" Lucian asked. As Ben now sat down on Hayes lap. The demon wouldn't let go burying his head between the witches neck and shoulder. "Yeah, it's a long story but I think Kyra explained. I'm okay now, we have more to worry about." They all seemed to relax. "Are you sure." Ben nods toward Lario and Carter.

"I'm fine and stop checking me with your magic Kyra I can feel it now." The two exchange a warm smile. "Alright just checking." Kyra sighs curling further into Robin. "Today has been exhausting." Devin laid his head backward on the couch. "It really was." The rest of the group groans.

"Oh shoot, was anyone injured and where are the demons who live in the dorm." Ben seemed worried and it alarmed Hayes. "They're camping outside and Kyra put the injured in his work room and he used your spellbook to find the spells to heal them, OL helped." The witch seemed to relax a bit. "Okay I'm sure Robin and Kyra want to rest so let's go fix our dorm and let everyone rest." Ben again makes the demon groan.

"You just went through a shit load of crazy how are you this energetic." He chuckles looking at the puppy dog eyes that had him hooked. "I can't say no to that." The demon reluctantly agrees as their friends laugh as he had caved to the puppy dog eye display.

------

"Carter you have strong earth magic, I will need you, Hayes you're the faction leader I will need demon magic from you as well." They were standing in front of slowly self repairing dorm. It seemed the damage would take days to repair with the schools magic.

"Be careful." Hayes scolded his little witch. The demons who lived inside wanted to see what they're leader, his supposed mate and a wendigo were going to do. Ben closed his eyes when he opened them they were fully golden, the slight sound of magic being pulled was faintly heard by the demons. Lario was still amazed when he saw Ben siphoning.

The witch began to chant and everything began moving back in place, each and every scorch on the walls, the glass, and each detail of the dorm was put back in place as if the building had not been ravaged by enchanted fire.

Amazement and shock, the only emotions you could see on the mystics around the four. Though Carter and Lario couldn't see it, the demons could clearly see the demon mark which seemed to be on every part of Ben except his face. They began whispering and one boy was pushed upfront.

"Thank You, Supreme Ben." The boy spoke and all the other demons held fists crossed on their chests kneeling on one knee. Hayes was shocked to see this behavior from his own faction, they seemed to have pledged themselves to Ben. "Wow guys I feel betrayed." The lot chuckled as they began to walk into the newly refurbished demon dorm.

"Well it seems the demons accepted you and now you have a powerful faction backing you up, wow I'm impressed." The green eyed witch comments as he drags his wendigo off with him. "You still surprise me." Hayes spoke hugging Ben and walking into the demon dorm.

Early Morning
Headmaster's Office.

"Are you sure he did that Ms. Deór." The lady nods looking to the man sitting on the chair in front of her. "It seems he's growing into his power here just as we expected him to, and he received his second curse last night as well." The lady adds making the headmaster's eyes widen in shock.

"It seems Vastorway will have a run for their money if they think they can challenge Halwright now, we cannot interfere in the battles between the next heads and royals, we can only watch from a distance, but we can still aid them discreetly, these children deserve better, most are making progress in mastering their abilities and control, how dare they think they can just wipe us out without a fight." The headmaster had been calm in demeanor but his voice was angry.

"Keep observing them, we need them at their best so that Halwright may survive, we can't  rely on the Syre alone, the faction leaders as well are still all royals whose thrones were taken from them. Just be discreet." The lady in a black pencil dress, showing off her curves nods and walks out of the office leaving the headmaster to think on his own.

Vastorway was not the only threat to Halwright but if it were to be defeated by Halwright, it would send a message to others who may want to cause trouble in the school. I hope we survive this. We have a bigger threat on us than just a school.

------------------------------------------------------------------

LMJ