25.

Halwright.

"Go on a date with me?"

The simple words had caught Ben off-guard,  he didn't think Hayes was the type to be all romantic or actually want to go on anything closely related to it.

So he only answered with a nod because he wasn't sure if words would come out of his mouth, if he tried to speak so he simply nods.

"I know it's sudden but you have to rest and relax for a bit, you've gone through a lot this past week and I want you to just relax, you've been training nonstop with Drac and I'm sure with Kyra too, since Robin spent the other day here."

Ben knew he hadn't spent time with his mate and that obviously he would feel neglected, though he wouldn't say it out loud Hayes had feelings and Ben knew it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sideline you, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry." The two mates stare into each other's eyes and on instinct, Ben had submitted to the demon giving in to the dominance and pleasure their lips brought out.

"Benjamin Roman Syre, I'm in love with you." The demon knew he had fallen for the little witch, there was no denying it, it was real and he wouldn't deny that.

"You love me?" The witch choked on a sob and looked to Hayes with teary eyes. "Goddess yes I do Ben, I was so scared of losing you that night and I realized it." Ben wrapped his arms around the larger male.

Sobbing onto the demon's torso, he was overwhelmed by the emotions he could feel through their bond, this was what he wanted, to finally give in fully to the claim and to Hayes.

He wanted Hayes to love him and not just be the claim but his mate. After holding onto Hayes for dear life Ben finally spoke. "I love you too, Hayes Shadows."

The two clung to one another simply craving the feeling of the other, Hayes was intoxicated by the scent of Ben and Ben could only describe euphoria feeling what Hayes felt.

"About the date, everything is ready now, shall we go?" With a nod, Hayes's wings sprouted from his back their length startling both mates. "I haven't seen angel or archdemon wings this size." The little witch comments and realized that he wasn't the only one gaining from their bond, he was too.

"They are beautiful and I'm sure everything is okay. Let's go." They walked to a window and Hayes held Ben tightly before dropping them toward the ground.

"Was that supposed to scare me?" Ben asks as Hayes opens his wings with a few flaps they in the sky again. "I guess you're used to it by now." The witch nods chuckling.

"Where is this place you're taking me?" The witch asks, the only response he got was silence until he himself let it go and allowed Hayes to take him where this date was to happen.

"The enchanted woods, they're beautiful." Ben exclaims in awe looking at the magical forest with shimmering light and creatures of all different kinds living in there.

Hayes led him into the forest from above, until they came to a small clearing where a makeshift gazebo, throw pillows and food had been set up. He knew Ben's heritage along with origin as Egyptian depiction so he wanted to make him feel like he belonged with that culture even though it was human.

"Its beautiful and the design is wonderful, I love it Hayes, thank you." The excited and grateful witch melted into the kiss his mate held him in.

So they sat down to face each other with smiles and happiness. "I wanted you to enjoy a little cultural heritage so I got help from Paige, he's knowledgable on a lot of things believe it or not and helped put it all together."

Ben was grateful for the effort that had been put into making him happy, the effort Hayes had put to make this evening memorable for the two of them.

"So for tonight no talk about fights, or Vastorway, other couples, nothing else just you and me." The witch smiled fondly accepting the food being given to me.

"I don't want to take the witch throne from my brother, we were both born with a claim to it and I don't want it, yet he feels compelled to want to kill me so the transfer of power can happen." Hayes held Ben's hand.

"If he comes for you, you'll know what to do, you always do and I will be by your side through all of it, I already lost my claim on the demon throne, that particular ape is off my back." The two continued conversing more about their childhood and their lives from where they were now.

After the meal, the two ripped each other's clothes off. Ben moaned loudly as Hayes held his member in his palm pumping. "No foreplay just take me, Hayes." The witch whispered and without warming only slight preparation the demon thrust in deep and hard as he knew the witch liked.

Moans and grunts filled the evening air as sweat trickled down Hayes's chest, he thrust vigorously and harder into the warmth and tightness of Ben, it was bliss having the witch tighten around his cock.

They began to kiss, as slowly Ben came on top of Hayes and slammed himself onto the hard leaking rod of the demon.

Impressed by his witch the demon held his mate by his hips rocking and thrusting into him in a rhythm they both knew well.

"Faster Hayes." The witch moaned as Hayes lifted him up only to ram into him faster as he wanted, the demon knew he was close to reaching climax so went on faster and harder eliciting moans that echoed in the forest from Ben.

The two burst out streams of white, Hayes held his claim steady making sure all his seed was taken and filled the witch. "One day I will make this belly of yours round and large with our children." Ben chuckled as did Hayes.

"We'll see about that." The two lay naked on the pillows and blankets holding on to the other finding peace in the turmoil that was their lives.

"Thank you for this, I needed it, I love you." Hayes smiled to his mate, he flicked his fingers revealing the full moon above them. "I love you too." The claim had been completed under the light of the full moon, the goddess as a witness.

Comfortably the two fell asleep in each other's arms after having cast a spell over the gazebo closing it from any who would wonder there.

--

The birds chirped and creatures sang songs of joy in the forest, the two mates in the gazebo were now fully awake. "I think that fifth round wasn't a good idea." Ben mused helping Hayes wear his tee.

"Well we did enjoy it none the less." The witch blushed uncontrollably knowing full well his demon was right, he did enjoy having a go at it more than once with Hayes.

"Yes we did, best night ever." The two walked out of the gazebo having cleaned up. "Shall we?" The witch wrapped his arms around Hayes and the demon took off.

"This view is beautiful as always." Ben sighed with a smile on his face, as they reached the penthouse Ben finally felt the full force of his magic trying to tell him something.

He had ignored it all morning but now he could not, the sheer will of his magic in warning him was too strong, he let it free and felt the pull to find Kyra.

"What's wrong?" The demon asked worriedly. "We need to get to Kyra and Robin." Ben held Hayes's hand ported to the vampire dorm.

"Have you seen your king or his mate?" Hayes asked the first vampires he saw. "No Lord Hayes, we haven't." Ben frantically ran to the stairs only to be swept up by Hayes who carried him up to the upper floor.

Siphoning the magic on the door the two burst into the room to find Robin on the floor slow turning grey. "He's draining spirit magic, but how?" Hayes asks pushing his magic into Robin stopping him from the drain.

"Stay here, I will find Kyra." Hayes nods to the witch who vanished and appeared in the dining hall to find Kyra choking on blood, Corey stood over him alongside Connor with a sinister smile.

Ben flicked his hands freeing the two in time.
He had to help Kyra.

+++

LMJ