60.

Domino: Witch Court.

Guests were slowly trickling into the main hall, the palace had been made to grand stature, as always the witches had been in one of their extravagant moods when the designing and building of this work of art was implemented, it did seem excessive but none the less beautiful, and all three of them agreed. "I hate this place." Kyra mumbled as he stepped out of the car which had brought him, Hayes, and Alarion to the ceremony of the Union of Houses.

"You'll be fine, we're only attending for a few hours then we leave." Hayes comforted as he fixed his blazer, the gold vine design shimmering slightly in the light, the three of them stood at the bottom of the stairs, each one had a suit that accentuated their beauty and attitude perfectly. "Let's get this show on the road then." Alarion exclaimed as they now made their way up the long stairs, it didn't take long for Kyra to realize his cousins, aunts and uncles had shown up for this event, his mother had indeed made a place for her family name.

"Can you sense that?" Hayes questioned as his eyes partially shifted to a shimmering purple. "That would be my uncles, they hate each other, the Rahuls have two factions, the one ruled by my mother along with one of her siblings then one from another uncle, they've murdered each other with no remorse or care." Kyra replied as he pointed out the two figures that were radiating power that made him wonder what exactly they were capable of.

"Maybe this ceremony will finally —." Alarion stopped mid sentence and turned toward the direction he sensed his mother and brother. "Lari!" His mother was pretentious as ever, she squealed happily upon seeing Alarion but his only acknowledgment were a flicker of his eyes turning dark. "It's so good to see you." She gritted out as Mael made his way toward the trio, Kyra wound his arm under Hayes's to restrain him from doing anything in a room full of witches.

"Hello mother." Alarion replied coldly and the woman turned to meet the eyes of Hayes and Kyra. "Kyra, it's so nice to know you're not dead, thank Benjamin he saved you, where is he by the way?" The woman asked Kyra with a longing smile, even though there had been an arrangement between the Syres and Mael's family, the queen had genuinely loved Benjamin and Kyra knew it, she loved her best friend. "He couldn't make it, unfortunately, but his mate came in his place, meet the lord Hayes, your grace." Kyra replied with a little bit of force amusing Hayes.

"Oh is that so, you're the demon who snatched my son's mate from him." She spoke words laced with venom, everyone could now feel the tension as the angel queen and Hayes stood silently yet their powers weren't. "Forgive me your grace but I didn't steal anyone, he simply chose someone who wouldn't betray him." Hayes replied as he turned to the silent Mael, the demon's eyes changed into golden catslits shocking the current angel king, only Ben could do that but now as Hayes was showing it, they were bonded.

The demon turned back to her grace the former queen and smiled halfheartedly. "I apologize but we don't always get what we want." He whispered placing a kiss on her cheek, the tension was now skyrocketing and Kyra had to intervene. "Oh look there's Scarlett let's go greet her:" The witch intervened and luckily Hayes didn't resist. "Your grace, your highness." All three spoke simultaneously in respect toward Mael and his mother but you could see the cold glare the angel king had but none of them feared him, he was now a dragon with no fire.

The trio walked toward Scarlett but they were stopped yet again when Kyra's mother showed up out of nowhere. "Fraternizing with both demons and angels, have you no shame Kyra, this is a ceremony to honor our family and here you are causing havoc." She spat viciously toward him until Hayes walked up to her and slapped her, the woman retaliated by sending a beam of ice toward Hayes but when it touched his suit a deep golden glow emanated from him and the beam turned to little fairy lights that floated upward and vanished.

Everyone was now paying attention to the two, strong winds began to swirl around the woman whilst a dark fog swirled around Hayes, beneath him the ground began to crack as he slowly released his power, Alarion knew he had to do something so he held out his hand and two white barriers appeared around the demon and the witch noble. "Thank you." Kyra mumbled as he waved at everyone to get back to what they were doing. "Where is Ben when you need him." Kyra mumbled as he moved toward the two barriers.

"Hayes calm down, thank you for defending me but I'm used to it by now, I'm her disappointment." Kyra stated sadly as Hayes calmed down, the demon turned to look at Kyra with a smile tugging at his lips. "I didn't slap her for you, Ben made me promise to." Hayes replied with a chuckle making Kyra facepalm, of course Ben would send Hayes to do this, the barrier around Hayes vanished and so did the one with Kyra's mother, she was ready to strike but when she was released, people wondered why she was standing in attack stance, the trio was gone.

Alarion poured a drink for Hayes and Kyra, he had already drank his and was on his second glass for the night, he needed it after meeting his mother and brother. "Not even three hours in and you're causing havoc." A voice spoke behind Kyra making him turn, which  made the other two turn. "Kaya." The witch whispered as he faced his cousin, the only one Rahul he could tolerate. "You must be the famous Hayes, mate to Benji, and then you're Alarion, Devin's mate, I've heard so much about you two but seeing you in person, just wow." The girl exclaimed in awe, as if the two men were gods.

"I wish I could attend your school." She mumbled crushing Kyra in a hug then hugging the demon and angel like her life depended on it. "Okay, okay Kaya, stop molesting him." Kyra had to tug the girl off Hayes making the demon chuckle. "Him having Ben as a mate means his gay, know that right?" Kyra inquired making the girl pout. "Why do you guys get the good ones, you have Robin for the love of the Goddess." She whined making all three laugh. "You'll find your one soon Kaya." Hayes offered with a smile toward the girl, somehow she reminded him of Taylor.

"I've missed you cousin, I wish you visited more often, and came with Ben, just to rub it in their faces." Kaya asserted as they now found a table to sit at. "You know that wouldn't end up with just tea and biscuits." Kyra mused as he sipped on his wine, an explosion by the east corridor drew all their attention, Kyra sighed whilst Alarion and Hayes looked bored. "Here we go again." Kaya mumbled as a member of the Syre family and a Rahul were throwing punches and slicing each other up.

"He may be king but we don't accept this!" Kyra recognized the man, it was a nobleman from Ben's side of the family. "You have no choice, it's already been decreed." The Rahul hissed as he made multiple explosions occur, Alarion waved his hand and a barrier appeared encasing all four of them. "Oh good, found a spot to watch the drama in." Scarlett stumbled into the barrier surprising all of them, they all looked unsure of what to do, even Scarlett herself. "Oh." Benjamin's sister whispered looking longingly at Kyra and Kaya then Hayes.

"How—How is he?" She mumbled looking at Hayes. "He's alright, in the dimension you can't kill him." Hayes replied coldly even she flinched with how he snapped. "Alright, tell—." She couldn't finish as Alarion put down the barrier and Declan appeared with his mate. "Scarlett." The witch king called out to his sister, it made the trio wonder why it seemed as if Scarlett hadn't been with him. "Tell him I love him." The girl whispered and vanished from sight, Hayes would deliver the message but not how it seemed they were all divided.

+++

LMJ