Epilogue (Part 1)

Epilogue (Part 1)

"Seriously? It's first day of school. Why do we need to jog around the oval field?"

Ivo laughed when he hears my complaint. I put my duffel bag to the side and bent slightly to tie my shoelace. Starting today, we need to jog around the oval field to maintain our strength for the sports competition which is a few months away from now.

"Let's go." Ivo patted my shoulder and started jogging with some of our teammates. I got up and jumped in my place before following them. "Sana may transferee, 'no? Tapos maganda," he told me and I just shrugged. I'm not interested though. I've never been in any relationship because I'm too young for that. Masyado lang flirt ang lalaking ito.

"Ayaw mo ba kay Abrianna, p're?" one of our teammates said, grinning.

I chuckled. "Sawa na 'yan kay Abri. We have known her since elementary days." Napatingin ako sa gilid nang may tumawag sa pangalan ko. I did not know her but so as not to be ashamed in front of my teammates and her friends, I smiled at her.

"Type mo?" Ivo nudged me. "Mukhang may gusto sa 'yo 'yon, ah? Ligawan mo na. Paramihan tayo ng girlfriend," he added as if there was competition between us.

I saw how Raven rolled his eyes at us so I chuckled again. Umiling lang ako kay Ivo at medyo binilisan ang pag-jog para maiwan siya. I talked to one of my teammates until Coach gave us a water break. I approached my duffel bag and took my bottled water there.

"Sa tingin mo, makakapasok tayo sa finals o hindi?" Ivo approached me.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes lazily. "We got a best teammates with us."

This is not our first sports competition and this is not the first time we have joined the varsity team. Since elementary, we have been playing basketball and be on the team. We did some sports competition but did not make it to the finals. Now that we are in high school, we want to experience the feeling of entering the finals of the competition.

"Yabang mo. Captain ka ba?" he joked, then laughed.

When it was time to go back to jogging, Raven was with me but he was just a quiet person so I approached Ivo dahil ayokong matuyuan ng laway. He was with some of our teammates, even our captain.

"Bago yata 'yon, oh." Sinundan ko ng tingin ang tinuturo ni Ivo.

There, I saw an unfamiliar woman with me, she's staring at the sky. I looked at Ivo, nodding. Mukhang bago nga.

When we passed her, I did not know myself but I looked at her again and hoped she would look at me too but that did not happen. Kahit nang malagpasan ko siya, sinubukan kong tumingin ulit sa kanya. But she is already walking away from the oval field.

I smirked. When Coach stopped us, I immediately went straight to the shower room to take a shower and put on my uniform because we still had class. Naglakad ako papuntang locker room para ilagay doon ang duffel bag ko. After that, I walked to the classroom.