Epilogue (Part 2)

Epilogue (Part 2)

"I-I'm so s-sorry, Geib."

I put the coffee on the table and averted my eyes from Blythe who was crying in front of me, apologizing. I took a deep breath and shook my head slightly. It's been a year since I woke up from comatose. I didn't even know that happened to me. Sobrang lala pala ng aksidenteng 'yon.

Ever since I woke up, I had never seen Blythe. She also dropped out of school then so I don't know how to talk to her. Last year, nang mag-basketball kami ni Zaon, tinanong ko si Blythe sa kanya kasi gusto ko siyang makausap tungkol sa nangyari sa club. But he said she had moved to the U.S.

And last week, I received a message from her and she wanted to meet with me. I agreed because I really wanted to talk to her about what really happened. Gusto kong masagot 'yung mga tanong ko.

"I loved you, Geib. And I did that because I was desperate to get you. I drugged you. I put something in your drink when you went to the restroom that night. Pero hindi ko alam na may mangyayaring ganoon sa pagitan natin. I tried to stop you but you were so aggressive that night and while having sex with you, I was crying because you were moaning Autumn's name instead of mine. Though naiintindihan ko kung bakit pero Geib, I'm mad. I want you and I was so desperate that night so I did it."

"Are you not guilty? You ruined everything, Blythe."

"I know and I'm so sorry. When I found out what happened to you, I felt very guilty. I do not know what kind of face I will present to you because I am afraid. Because I know I am one of the reasons why that happened. I broke your relationship with Autumn. I indeed ruined everything."

"Hindi kita mapapatawad," I simply said.

"I understand and I am willing to do anything for you to forgive me, Geib."

I looked at her emphatically and I felt nothing but anger for her.

She was about to talk but I grabbed my coffee and left her without saying anything. After a few days, I received a bad news from Raven. That Autumn's grandfather allegedly died in a helicopter crash. 

My mind flew immediately to Autumn, I worried for her because I witnessed how much she loved her grandfather. I want to go where she is but I do not know where she is. My parents also hid my passport so I also did not know where she was. I also have no connections with her because she obviously cut it off so we can't talk.

"Hindi raw uuwi si Autumn," pagbabalita ni Ivo.

I just nodded but there was little hope for me na sana umuwi siya. It's just fine with me that she won't pay attention to me or she won't talk to me, I just want to see her but until her grandfather's cremation she did not come.

I'm always looking forward for semestral break because I hope that she may return to the Philippines and take a vacation for at least a few days. Noon, ang daming what ifs na tumatakbo sa utak ko. What if umuwi siya na may kasama ng iba? May boyfriend? Ang worse, may asawa na? But now, I totally don't care. I don't care if she doesn't keep her promise. I just want to see her. I just want to see if she's doing well and if she's happy. Because if yes, I'm happy too. Although I am not the reason for her happiness.