Short~Jason Weaver• Young Love

Jason Weaver as Himself

You as Kayla
~~~~~~~

You two had met at some audition for a tv show that never made it past the pilot episode. It started as friendly banter and keeping each other updated on how life was going. Then it blossomed into a beautiful friendship.

You'd both visit each other on set and find new places to visit together. Joining each other's family vacations, just truly enjoying spending time together.

It was no shocker to anyone when you two had began dating.

"It's just puppy love." Your mother said once.

"You and Jason are young, don't be surprised if you don't last." You recalled a publicist telling you as you dealt with rumors from magazines.

There had been lots of unsolicited advice and comments about your relationship. It infuriated the both of you. You remember hearing a messy talk host talk about your relationship on television one day.

"They ain't even 21 yet, why are y'all rushing to commit? Go be free! Live life first before you go and settle down, you don't want to have any regret!" She was met with applause and cheers.

Imagine their surprise when you and Jason got engaged at 20 and married at 23. And the shock of your 15th wedding anniversary that was celebrated with the help of Essence Magazine. The title was a dig at those that questioned and looked down on your relationship.

Young Love: 20 years together, a lifetime to go.

The inspiring relationship of Jason and Kayla Weaver and how their love has never wavered!