~DeVante Swing • The Curse

Back to the basics! No more crazy/deranged De . I'm giving the girls soft/family man De.

Donald sat in the studio going over a song. The soothing sound of Sadé played as he fiddled with the knobs on the soundboard.

His phone began to vibrate along with the special ringtone, making him stop the music. Wiping off his hands he answered the call.

"Hey, I'm leaving the-" He started but stopped hearing crying in the background.

"What happened?" His left eyebrow raised as he stood from his seat.

"Austen is pissed that you left without him." His wife answered making him laugh.

"Let me talk to him. I'm sure he's not that mad." He grabbed his belongings and made his way to his truck.

Shuffling could be heard from the other end before he heard heavy breathing similar to his own.

"Hold on. " He quickly tossed his bag into the seat and got in.

"Alright. Now what's wrong with my lil nig-man?"he corrected himself instantly. Time seemed to be flying by, his son was now 4 and had no issue with saying what was on his mind.

His mother told him how their son was sitting on their bed with his arms crossed.

"Why you posted up like that in my bed?" He asked, laughing a little.

The toddler sighed, trying to get his words together in order to stop his little stutter. The parents had gotten it checked out and they were told with time and patience he would grow out of it.

"I- I so fucking mad, daddy." He stuttered. His mother stopped her movements behind him with wide eyes.

"You're what?" She asked.

"So fucking mad." He spoke again, keeping his angry face on.

"Oh my God. Donald Earle DeGrate, I'm gonna beat your ass!" She yelled taking the phone.

"Daddy get an ass whooping?"

"No baby. You can't say ass whooping or fucking. Those are bad words." She spoke.

De gave a smile as if he could see her angry face. He knew for sure she was anything but amused.

"Guess I'm skipping the store to get my ass home?" He asked.

"Bingo. And when you do, I'll let you deal with it."

"Why me?!"

"You've been calling him 'lil nigga' since he was born. You tried to have him watch New Jack City a month ago and don't think I didn't know you watched-"

"He wasn't supposed to tell you that!"

"I always find out, honey. Now hurry up so I can get to the grocery store."

"On the way, baby." He rolled his eyes and hung up the phone.

~~~~~~~

"Daddy's home!" He spoke and earned a yell in return.

His legs were being hugged as his son collided into him.

"Daddy!" Austen yelled

"My main man. What's up?" He grabbed him by his arm and hoisted him up.

"What up nigga." The boy spoke making the father of two laugh.

"You can't say shit like that. Daddy and Mommy say certain things that we shouldn't and we'll work on that. But saying fucking earlier wasn't cool."

"B-but but I be fucking mad."

"And it's ok to be fucking mad. I get mad as hell too. But next time say I'm super mad or something. Ok?" He nodded, pulling at his father's beard.

"You know I don't do the nodding thing."

"Yes daddy."

"So let's try this again. What happened earlier today?" He looked into his son's eyes.

"I was super mad." He smiled as his father kissed his cheek.

"Thank you! You can say how you feel but please don't say anymore bad word's until you're at least 21."

"You got it dude!" He gave a thumbs up.

"Ok. Now let me talk to your momma and shower then we can watch a little bit of tv."

"Jack City!"

"No. Maybe a Spike Lee Joint." He said making his way to the bedroom.

"There's my girls!" He coo'd and grabbed his 10 month old daughter, Autumn, from the middle of the bed.

He placed kisses on her face and she squirmed trying to move him away.

" I don't know why you act like you too good for my love. Look at my Autumn breeze. I love you lil mama." He gave her one last kiss and sat her back on the bed, she began babbling clearly wanting to be in his arms.

"And the best for last. How you feeling, baby?"

"Tired. How was the studio?"

"It was cool. I got a lot if things done."

"That sounds great. " She gave him a kiss.

"Go shower. When your done I need you to start dinner so I can run to the store."

"What's on the menu?"

"Stuffed salmon, breadsticks, and salad." She said.

"What I gotta do?"

"Start on the salad? I'll be quick, we just need the spinach."

"You got it.  And when you get back we have to talk about my son quoting Full House." He said grabbing a towel.

"And then we'll talk about him watching Scarface."

"It was educational!"

"Full House is a classic!" She pushed him into the bathroom and he laughed to himself.

Happy birthday to his fine ass.
I love this family and might actually write more about them😤