~Morris Chestnut• Be My Neighbor

You made your way up the stairs to your apartment with bags in hand. A quick trip outside to run some errands had turned into a quick trip to one store, then another, and then about two more.

"Asia, next time you gotta know your limits." you mumbled to yourself. Making it to the front door you struggled with the key.

Your wrist gave out and the bags full of household items hit the floor. "SHIT" you hissed at the slight pain in your wrist and the items that fell out of bags.

"I'll help you." a smooth voice stated. You heard him sit something down before he started handed you stuff from the floor.

"Thank you so much." you spoke with a friendly smile. He looked up from his spot on the floor and smiled making your cheeks warm up.

"It's no problem at all. We've all been there before." he handed her one last box before standing up and reaching out a hand.

"I'm Morris, apartment 4C."Asia just looked at him in shock.

Here stood before her was one of the finest men she had seen. His hair was moisturized, his eyes held a sparkle, his voice could get her to do whatever he wanted, and he was built. Asia wanted to know more about the mystery man, if she could open up her mouth and stop staring him down.

"I'm so sorry. My name is Asia. Welcome to the neighborhood." she smiled reaching her hand out to meet his.

"I can help you put the bags in your place if you feel comfortable wit that. You do have a lot of bags." he joked looking at the bags scattered in front of her door.

"Oh that would be nice." she said instantly making her internally palm her head.

You don't know this man! He could hurt you or rob you! But I mean, you never know unless you try.

"You can sit them in here. Thank you Morris." you smiled standing in your living room.

"You're welcome." he said looking around. The dining room had a black and white theme and the living room was set up nicely too.

"You decorated yourself?"

"Yeah I had a little help but it was mostly me." she spoke leading him to the kitchen.

"Would you like anything to drink?"

"Some water would be nice."

"So have you met any other neighbors?" she handed him the bottle of water.

"Nope just you. And I don't mind it either." he took a sip of his beverage.

"Awe well, you'll like them. We throw cookouts and events all the time."

"Actually, I think you might be my favorite." he spoke looking her in the eye. She felt herself get nervous.

"I'm flattered, thank you."

"I'm not your favorite neighbor?" he asked with faux hurt.

"I just met you like twenty minutes ago."she laughed a little.

"Well, how about I wow you into saying i'm your favorite?"

"And how would you do that?"

"Let me invite you to my private housewarming this Saturday." he spoke grabbing her hand.

"I don't know about that Morris."

" It's either that or I knock on your door constantly asking to borrow a cup of sugar." he teased making her laugh.

Agreeing he smiled and stood from his seat."It's a date then" he spoke making her raise her eyebrow.

"Can't wait to see you, neighbor" he smirked and reached for his box of items by her front door.

"Hopefully I see you before then, neighbor" Asia touched his shoulder before opening the door for him.

"Oh yeah, any dinner request?"

"Can we do Chinese food or maybe some pizza?"she questioned

"I can make that happen. See you around Asia"He walked off.

"Girl the date couldn't have been that bad!" Kim said sitting on Asia's couch.

"Kim! The man talked about him the whole time, he told me what I should and shouldn't order, and he had the nerve to ask me to pay for my food when he walked me back to my apartment!"

"Oh hell no! This nigga is crazy! Didn't he ask you out?!"

"He did!"

"Did you pay him?"

"I did." She sighed.

"Damn girl! You didn't even get what you wanted to eat!"

"I know but he knows where I live and shit. I may wanna see him again." She mumbled a little.

"I'm sorry? You said you wanted to see that scrub again? Girl the only reason you say that is if you GTD" she said and it was quiet.

"BIIITTTCH! Asiaaaa noooo!"

"I'm weak! I knooow Kim! It happened before the dinner and it was bomb!" Asia responded pleasing her case to her friend who was laughing a little.

"Break free from those shackles girl!! Break free!" Kim said picking up her glass of wine.

"Cheers to the bomb D! Give it one more test drive and set the nigga free! Let the congregation say amen!"

"Amen!" Asia laughed clinking her glass with Kim.