Short~Babyface•Never Let You Go

Ms. Evans ate this song up and Mr. Edmonds wrote tf out of this song. That's it, lets get to the sappy ish.

Grabbing the mail off of the table, Kenneth scanned over the items. Nothing but bills, coupons, and magazines. Stopping he saw the his name written in ink and immediately smiled knowing it was from his girlfriend.

Their 3 year anniversary was approaching and he was hoping she'd be back in time for them to celebrate. Maybe the letter would give him that information. Sitting on the kitchen counter, he eagerly opened the folded paper and began to read.

My Dearest Kenneth,

I'm writing you to thank you for what you have done for me for the last 4 years. Can you honestly. believe it's been almost 3 years of us? We didn't get to spend my birthday together in person but I could feel you around me. Or maybe I was going crazy? But anyway, I had one wish and it was that you were next to me. I think I might've said it to another soldier because it didn't come true.

Looking back I knew you were the man I was meant to spend my life with almost instantly. You knew I needed someone to love, to trust, and to hold me. I told you things about me I would and could never tell another.

I was in a dark cloud and you clearly brightened up my days. You gave me a reason to smile. Kenneth, you are truly too good to be true and I can't wait to come back home to you.

I miss you so much, the way you could take me laugh on my worst days. Nobody comes close to your horrible jokes! I won't say I'm miserable out here but I'm counting down to the second of when we can be in each others arms, i'll never let you go.

I have to end this, duty calls.  I love you, I love your soul, I love your everything. I will be back for our anniversary! We can even talk more about the wedding. If you knew what you do to me entirely, I'd never live it down so I won't anymore of it in writing.

I love you through every season and every minute of the day,

Happy Early Anniversary Baby!!

Love your soldier

Grabbing gently at the dog tag on his neck, the man smiled at the letter. He walked into the study and placed the letter with the dozens of other's he received over the duration of their relationship.