~DeVante Swing • Motivation

DeVante Swing as Himself
You as Courtesy

"Babe, are you ready?" You yelled from the foyer.

"I'm coming, damn." He responded walking towards the door with his shades in hand.

There he stood in all his glory walking up to you with a face made of stone.

"Before we head out. Let's talk ok." Courtesy stood in front of him and DeVante nodded.

"Now we're going to my friends house for game night. I know you don't want to do this but please try and be nice." He looked at her with a straight face.

"Court why do-"

"Come on, babe. If people say hello, what do you say back?" She asked with a smile earning herself a mug.

"Wassup." He responded low.

"And when you say 'Wassup' you can also smile." He rolled his eyes.

"I don't even wanna be there."

"Come on! Show me that pretty smile!" Courtesy coo'd , her hands on his face.

With a slight grumble, DeVante finally cracked a small smile, unable to resist Courtesy's persistent charm. She grinned in triumph, giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

"That's the spirit! Now, let's go have some fun and socialize a bit. You might even enjoy yourself," she teased, slipping her arm through his.
DeVante sighed melodramatically, but the corners of his mouth twitched upward as they headed out the door. As they walked towards their destination, Courtesy continued to chat about their friends and the games they would be playing, clearly excited about the evening ahead.

Upon arriving at the friend's house, the sound of laughter and chatter drifted through the open windows, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. DeVante's apprehension began to melt away as Courtesy guided him inside, introducing him to the gathering.

"Hey, everyone, this is DeVante," she said, her voice filled with pride as she looked at him.

He mustered a genuine smile this time, a mixture of Courtesy's encouragement and the friendly faces in front of him putting him more at ease. As the night went on, he found himself engaged in conversations, sharing laughs, and even participating in the games with surprising enthusiasm.

Courtesy watched with delight as her usually reserved partner gradually opened up, his interactions becoming more animated as the night progressed. She caught his eye from across the room and mouthed a playful "I told you so," to which he rolled his eyes, but his smile remained.

As the evening drew to a close, Courtesy leaned into DeVante's side, her satisfaction evident. "See, that wasn't so bad, was it?"

He chuckled, giving her a sideways glance. "Okay, okay, you were right. I had a better time than I thought."

With a triumphant grin, she linked her fingers with his. "And you survived the night of socializing. I'm proud of you."

DeVante leaned down and planted a kiss on her forehead. "Thanks for pushing me out of my comfort zone."

As they walked towards their car, DeVante's playfulness came back in full force. He nudged Courtesy's side with his elbow, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Hey, you know what?" he said with a sly grin.

Courtesy raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"You promised me that if I went to this game night and played nice, you'd do that thing I like," he said, his tone teasing.

She feigned innocence, a faint blush creeping onto her cheeks. "Oh, did I now? I must have forgotten."

DeVante chuckled, leaning in closer to her. "Oh, come on. You can't back out of it now. A promise is a promise."

She laughed, giving him a playful shove. "Fine, fine. You've got me. But only if you keep that good mood up."

"Deal!" he exclaimed, his grin widening.

As they drove back home, anticipation hung in the air, mixed with lighthearted banter and shared laughter. The promise of that special something DeVante enjoyed added an extra layer of excitement to the evening.

Once they were back in the comfort of their own space, DeVante's playful demeanor continued. "Well, are you ready to fulfill your end of the bargain?" he asked, raising an eyebrow suggestively.

Courtesy leaned in, a flirtatious sparkle in her eyes. "Oh, I'm ready. But first, let's make sure you remember that smile you showed off tonight."

He mockingly rolled his eyes but obliged, flashing a grin that reached his eyes.

"That's the one, with your fine ass."she said with a wink before moving in to deliver a sweet, lingering kiss.

DeVante's lips curved into a contented smile as they pulled away. "Now that's a reward a nigga can get used to." He picked her up and ran to their shared bedroom.

"You already have the swing set up!" She asked as he began to take off their clothes.

"I did that before we left out. Needed a little motivation. Know what I'm sayin?" He smirked before backing her up against the wall.

"Let's get sticky."