~Allen Iverson• Lovers and Friends

Pulling your jacket tighter you slowly walked to your job at a local corner store. You were back from college for the next few months and needed the cash.

Groaning as the store came into view, you prayed that the shift would go by fast.

"Aye lil mama in the hoodie!" you heard a male yell. Choosing to ignore him, you picked up the pace gripping the mace attached to your keys.

"Lemme talk to you for a minute, girl. I ain't seen ya in a while!" he spoke, his voice becoming recognizable the closer he got.

"Al?" you spoke smiling as he jogged up to you with a worn out basketball under his arm.

" In the flesh, mama" he grinned opening his arms.

"When did you get back? Your mom said you were staying up Georgetown for break."

"I was at first but then I realized I would get to see your beautiful face everyday for a few weeks" he smiled wrapping his arm over your shoulder, giving you a gentle squeeze.

All you could do was smile at him. He was always flirty but he was definitely laying it on thick today.

"Well you won't see me for a few hours. I gotta go clock in" you stated as you stopped in front of the store.

"Mhh. What time you get off then?" He asked bouncing the ball.

"I close tonight. So I probably won't be leaving here until 12 once I finish locking up." You shrugged.

"Well best friend, I'll see you then." He winked before walking off in the direction of the basketball court.

Rolling your eyes you tried to ignore the butterflies you felt.

"It's a date" you mumbled to yourself with a smile.

It was 12 a.m and as promised Allen was waiting for you by the entrance once you locked the door.

"Come on" he dragged you to his mother's car parked a few feet away. It took you a few minutes to realize he wasn't taking the route to your house.

"Are you kidnapping me?" you quizzed.

"Only for a few hours" he shrugged and locked the doors making you sit up. He laughed at you for a good few minutes but you were not playing.

"Its a joke girl. I just wanted to get some food from this diner and figured I'd take you. If its good enough this could be our new spot" he said pulling up to a restaurant with a 'Grand Opening' sign still hanging.

"I could eat" you smiled as the two of you walked towards the entrance. He wrapped his arm around you and leaned into your ear.

"I could eat too" he mumbled making sure you could hear him. Clearing your throat you ignored the tingling sensation running through your body.

The pair were quickly seated and introduced to the waiter before Allen left to go to the bathroom.

Once he was back they started up conversation as they looked through the menu.

"Why do you keep doing that?" You asked holding back a laugh.

"Doing what?" He said with a smile as he reached for her hand again.

"You've been extra flirty since you came back."

"You want me to stop? If you're uncomfortable I will"

"No. It's just...different."

"Hmm" he responded and went back to eating.

"I know you're tired but I ordered dessert. Can you help me eat it?" Allen asked and you nodded.

"I can make some room" you joked and he rolled his eyes at the corny joke.

"Thanks Justin." You said to the waiter as he sat the cake down in front of you.

You looked at the plate as a smile inched across your face.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Was written on the plate. Allen grabbed her hands once again as he slid close to her in the booth.

"I've always had a crush on you. You've been there for me when plenty of people ran. Through my darkest times and I want to take this first step in making it official. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.