~Method Man• Why Did I Get Married

He laid in bed watching you do what had become your nightly routine. His body clad in his pajama pants and a tank top he looked at you, his wife wearing lingerie. Something that she never wore to bed often, only special occasions. They continued to have a conversation as she got her things together for the following day.

" I'll go to the store after work tomorrow babe" she spoke laying out a pink satin blouse.

"That's cool babe" he mumbled from the bed with his main ficus on you.

The way you were laying out your clothes gently with a smile on your face. He had his suspicions but he usually pushed them to the side. For the next few seconds he watched you grab your Lacey bra and matching panties and place them gently over your attire for the next day.

That was what did it for him, he knew. Sighing he kicked his legs out of the bed and ran his hand over his durag covered head. He sat there as he felt you climb into bed and grab him.

The man immediately stood up, his back facing you. He still felt that spark but was not enjoying the vibe in the room right now.

"Cliff, what's wrong baby?" you quizzed.

"You're wearing that shit to work?"

"Yeah. You like?" You grinned.

He nodded "Sexy" not realizing that you were now making your way towards him.

"I'll show you something sexy if you come to bed" you whispered as you wrapped your arms around him.

It was quiet for a while before you heard the question that made you sick to your stomach.

"Have you slept wit that nigga?" he removed your arms facing you.

"Huh?"

"I know you heard me y/n, did you sleep wit the nigga or not"

Your eyes began to water as you stood there shocked.

"What, I-, Cliff what are you talking about" you stumbled over your words.

"83 days ago you came home different. Some shit was off, you were the happiest a nigga had seen you in a while.From that day until now I been peeping shit. You started caring about the shit you wear, your makeup takes longer to do in the morning, your perfume smells different, your panties aren't the same. It seems like you're getting happier and happier out this motherfucker" The tall man blurted out leaning back against the wall look at your shocked facial expression.

"Honey, it's you that makes me ha-"

"Nah, nah, NAH! Don't do that. Don't make me think I'm crazy when I know what the fuck I'm talking about' He spat.

You were quiet before he spoke softly."Just tell me, y/n"

You remained quiet watching the man you love fall try not to fall apart at the seams waiting for you to answer.

" I love you, our hearts are in tune and shit. You can not be that arrogant and naive to think that I couldn't see the shit you were doing" a pregnant pause "Or maybe you were so intrigued that you forgot you had a man and child at home"

"What's his name"

You opened your mouth but closed it back immediately, unsure of what to say.

"Im not in the mood for this guessing game y/n. What is this nigga's name"

"His name is Troy, but he doesn't mean anything I promise. It's just that he's funny and he makes me laugh. He works in the same building as me. We worked on a case together and he invited me to dinner" you stated watching him tense up.

"February 17th. You must've sat rather close to the nigga because I could smell him on you as you walked through the door." he muttered looking away from you.

"I swear it was harmless. We talked on the phone until-"

"Until you decided to take that shit a step further and fuck him, right?"

"How many times have you slept with this Troy nigga"

You mumbled the answer before he started raising his voice for you to answer him.

"Four times"you spoke up looking at the ground.

You saw the tears well up in his eyes as he started taking off his wedding ring. You began to sob realizing the damage you had done tp your family.

"In all the years I dedicated my life to you I NEVER did some foul shit to you. I never looked at anyone, wanted to be with someone else, played around none of that. And for you to do me like this is fucked up"

"Im so sorry. I'll never talk to him or see him again. It's not worth it" you sobbed watching as he walked towards you lifting your head up by your chin.

"Don't call me if it don't have shit to do with Casey. I need time to myself right now" he spoke referring to the daughter you share.

And that was that. With one swift decision you had broken your family beyond repair.