Pride (6)

Trigger warning ⚠️
🔴death, r*pe, murder

-

       Officer Heavens crossed his arms, disappointed by how his daughter and the young man whom he took care as his own son behaved at the mayor's mansion. They were aware of the misbehaviour but would never regret what they have done. 

Officer Heavens:
       "Let's go back and apologise."

The two looked at the older man in disbelief.

Angel Grace clenched her fists. How could his father not have any ounce of pride? They all know that the orphanage and framing up Joshua were all the mayor's doings.

V: 
    "Why are you so humble, officer Heavens?"

The officer just sighed.

Angel Grace:
   "Don't you have any pride left in you?Humility? Is it some kind of an honor you want to uphold? Or is it because you knew to yourself that you are helpless against Mr. Kim Namjoon?"

Officer Heavens:
   "Angel Grace just . . . "

But Angel Grace couldn't hold it anymore. Tired of why they were powerless. Tired of how they couldn't do anything against the so called man in power.

Angel Grace:
   "Why??? Why couldn't you protect mom?"

V turned to Angel Grace. What is it about her mom that is making the young lady despise her father that way? What is it about humans that back then he felt disgusted and outraged?

But now . . . Changing.

Angel Grace:
   "Why??"

She started crying. She ran towards the room where the Angel Grace painting was.

V looking at the fatherly figure before him was confused. He needed answers. And he knew where to get them but that would also entail lowering his pride.

He knew what awaits him. Hell.
Staring at Officer Heavens, he suddenly wanted to ask for forgiveness. A first on his emotions.

Becoming human?

He hugged the older man instead.

V:
   "I'll be back."

----

Angel Grace:
     "Who are you?"

Looking straight at the painting, she clenched her fists out of rage. Then she heard foot steps. And as it was drawing near her, she remembered the last glimpse she had with her mother.

Pain, anger, regret.

"You truly have my fathers eyes."

Angel Grace turned to the man who just entered the room.

Angel Grace:
      "What the hell are you doing here? How did you . . ."

It was the town mayor. Behind him was Officer Heavens.

Kim Namjoon:
    "Officer Heavens. Will you please leave us alone."

Angel Grace looked at her father. And for the first time in a while, her eyes asked for help.

But her father left the room. There, she felt abandoned once again. She acknowledged how powerless her father was.

Was it ever difficult to stand up and fight back against the devil standing before them? Why would he lower himself down?

Why would he let himself be stepped on like a snake? Crawl, eat dust, and get killed by humans?

The man locked the door and smiled.

Kim Namjoon:
    "If only you can see what I can now, my dear SISTER."

Angel Grace gasped for breathe. DISGUSTED. CONFUSED. SISTER?

Kim Namjoon:
     "Such resemblance with your mother and my father's eyes."

He closed his eyes and smirked.

Kim Namjoon:
    "Oh, I can still remember her whimpering. How my father did her."

Angel Grace's hands were shaking. What did this hideous man mean?

Kim Namjoon:
    "For someone whose a product of sinning and torturing, you look so heavenly, Miss Heavens."

Angel Grace couldn't open her mouth to speak. She was trembling.

Fear. Anger.

Kim Namjoon:
     "Our father was such a very bad man.  And so I punished him on your behalf. It's true, I caused his death in a very dramatic way as possible as I can."

And in an almost audible trembling voice she finally uttered words she never did for a long time.

Angel Grace:
      "My father is Officer Heavens."

The man in front of her laughed.

Kim Namjoon:
     "Not when the ex-mayor m*lested your mom. And your so known father knew about it. But he is powerless. I pity your mom by the way. All she did was to be beautiful, loving, kind, and a committed wife and most of all, a mother who . . Wait! A mother who didn't even witness her child growing for she was murdered by someone we had in common. In the fear of losing power and dignity. Hah! I bet Officer Heavens is this thankful to me for what I did for him. Killing my own father. He knew yet he closed his eyes and rejected justice. Well, as for me. I have the power now. The most powerful man in town. That's me. HAHA!"

Angel Grace:
    "YOU ARE DISGUSTING!"

KIm Namjoon stopped laughing. He grabbed her neck and pushed her against the wall.

Kim Namjoon:
     "The blood running through your veins are the same blood as mine. Don't you dare call me disgusting, young lady."

Angel Grace struggled to breathe. She tried to push him but the man was too strong.

Frail, hopeless, disgusted of herself for having the blood of a devil.

In her mind was officer heavens. She wanted to call his name. But at that very moment she felt ashamed. All those times she distanced herself from him and yet he continued reaching out to her. All of his sacrifices despite her rebellious acts.

Kim Namjoon:
    "I've waited for this moment, Angel Grace. To stare at those eyes begging for help. Those eyes whom tortured me to hell. Finally walking up from the nightmare you have given me. Your presence, the remnance of my father."

His voice was shaking. His hands trembling as he tightened his grip on her neck.

Kim Namjoon:
    "An yes. Ahh, the orphanage, that boy Joshua. It was all me. My own little hellish ploy just to torture you and make your life a living hell."

He let go of her just so he can hear her talk. Angel Grace hardly breathed but managed to.

Angel Grace:
     "You're . . too weak.. to be the devil."

All of it, she managed to survive.

The mayor smirked remembering Lucifer's orders. To retrieve his son and offer him back to him.

Kim Namjoon:
     "Who cares about the devil's son? When I live as one? No one orders KIM NAMJOON. I am my own god. I am god!!!"

Blasphemy.

He grabbed her hair, slammed her head head to the wall. He unbuckled his belt and stared at her face down to her neck.

Kim Namjoon:
    "Sleep well, my dear sister."

Then he strangled her.

Angel Grace couldn't hear anything.
Then she closed her eyes.
It was all pitch black. Not even phosphenes of hope to live.

Angel Grace:
    "Father . . . "

--

-TGU-