Pride (2)

V Morningstar halted from taking another step as he entered the Dean's office.

He could feel the presence of an unsual visiting entity.

"A blessed Monday morning --

That voice . . . the voice he did not expect to hear.

.....my dear son."

It sent shivers on his skin -- rage, angst, disgust.

Welcoming him was a familiar voice of a man turning his seat to face
him.

.

V:
"Lucifer ~"

Lucifer Morningstar ~

Sitting comfortably with a smile on his face was none other than, his father himself. Lucifer.

The one who threw him at St. Magdalene's Village. The reason why he had to experience humans.

His father.

L:
"Your father, yes."

V clenched his fists with his glaring eyes of hatred towards his unexpected visitor.

He watched Lucifer stood and slowly walked towards him. A young man who looked so weak and helpless in his presence.

L:
"Did you not . . . miss me?"

He smiled. Yet his eyes were staring directly into V's being. And by his stance, the son he proclaimed as his, felt worthless.

V felt a burning pain from his father's embrace. It was never warm and welcoming. A rather indirect experience of hell.

L:
"Why are you . . . so cold?"

It was a feeling conveyed to his father. A comparable sensation of how it feels to be betrayed, abandoned, unloved?

V:
"I have been dead."

There was a deafening silence before Lucifer stepped back and looked at V.

Lucifer, the father of the young man who claimed to be lifeless inside

V Morningstar's eyes looked lifeless.

Because that's what he felt inside.

Empty

But full of undelivered questions. And so were answers.
Yet because of his father, he'd rather not seek what's there to be found.

Lucifer extended his hand and offered it to his son, V. He could free V away from all his troubled thoughts.
He could.

L:
"Come home with me, son."

A figure of a father with a calming voice and paternal sincerity.

All V needed to do was for him to accept it.

To acknowledge Lucifer.

To acknowledge his father.

But he would rather not.

V:
"Never."

And at the tip of that single word, the room's window blinds and the door were shut.

His father was clearly unimpressed by his defiance.

Would he show no mercy to him as well?

L:
"You see, my son. . . I too have some temperamental issues like you. What I dislike the most is when you try to dishonor me."

V knew that his father was only trying to control himself as a devil.
And he, the disobedient son.

V:
"I never honored you."

A strong wind gushed inside the room. Furnitures were breaking, bulbs exploding, and so was the heart of a father.

Only if he had one.

L:
"I do not display much affection since your Grandfather decided to do things His way. But -- "

In a blink of an eye, Lucifer was already standing in front of V. His eyes were that of an exploding volcano that a normal human would dare not to stare.

L:
"--- i also do not like to tolerate your misconduct towards me."

V smirked. He had been waiting for his father to show him what he's like.

A devil.

V:
"I owe no apology."

Lucifer's hand entwined around V's neck. He showed no restraint.

L:
"Cheeky~"

V smirked. And even though he struggled to move, he still had the courage to be impertinent.

V:
"A-as I . . . should."

V could no longer feel his feet on the floor. Yet he could feel the pain from his father's grip.

L:
"You opted suffering

He could feel the pain from his father's retribution.

Pain. Shame. Pride.

Yet V refused to show weakness.

V:
"Kill me."

Lucifer let go of him. Skeptic.

L:
"Youngsters could be so confusing. You wanted me to kill you. Yet you don't want to come home with me."

V scoffed as he fixed his collar.

V:
"Home?"

He felt disgusted. How could hell be associated as his home?

But was it not?

Lucifer laughed. He was laughing while pulling the window blinds and heading towards the door.

L:
"Oh, don't make me perform a story on the parable of the prodigal son. I could highly relate and I do not like it."

V watched his father open the door.

L:
"A loving father, the prodigal son, two brothers."

V knitted his eyebrows. What was his father trying to tell him?

L:
"Stop squandering, son."

He smiled and shut the door behind him.

And by that moment, V's knee bent and he fell on the floor. His body trembling, an uncontrollable shaking of his hands.

Damaged.

Lucifer left and V couldn't stop himself from thinking.

L:
"A loving father, the prodigal son, two brothers."

Two brothers ~

V's eyes widened. Worried.

Could it be?

He immediately stood on his knees and forced himself to move.

V:
"Angel Grace ~ "

--

________________________
TGU OUT XD

Happy Father's Day 💜