Gluttony (5)

V Morningstar stared at the cup of coffee placed at the table outside the house.

He stood at the porch while impatiently waiting for noon time. Remembering how Uncle Simon invited him for lunch,

Then he heard a sound of a truck's engine from the house's backyard.

Who could it be? Officer Heavens already left to work.

After a few seconds, V saw the same old pick up truck at the gasoline station where Peter once worked at.

V knitted his eyebrows as soon as he saw Angel Grace coming out from the driver's seat.

She looked pleasant that morning.

She was wearing a blue checkered loong sleeves, black jeans and red converse sneakers.

Angel Grace:

"Morning."

V just looked at her as she passed by him on her way to get inside the house.

V smirked.

What happened? Why did she suddenly abandoned her cold treatment to him? She seemed to be friendly towards him judging by the way she said the "morning".

With a confused face, he waited for Angel Grace to come out from the house.

*

4 minutes Later.

Angel Grace:

"Mind to open the door for me?"

*

V hurriedly opened the door for Angel Grace.

He saw her carrying heavy bags of food supplies.

V didn't bother to ask her whether she needed help or not. He needed not to. Angel Grace already handed one bag for him. He was left with no choice but to accept and carry it.

He followed Angel Grace to the old pick up truck and placed the bag at the back seat.

Angel Grace raised her eyebrow while staring at V.

Angel Grace:

"You don't look ~ poor."

*
And what did she mean when she said it?
She looked at him from head to toe.
Indeed. He looked luxurious even in his white sweat pants and black long sleeved shirt.

Because he was made of luxury.

He was luxury himself.

That was then.

V was left with not a single penny.

And all he had were some of his designer branded clothes. Which he got for free.

*