Gluttony

The man laughed hard while tapping V's shoulder.

.

Officer Paul Heavens:

    "You must be V. The foster kid of Father Phillipe. God bless his soul. (sign of the cross)

.

V immediately moved backward. He didn't want to be touched by the human.

Then he nodded.

The man grabbed V's bag and opened the door.
Then he turned around to give V an investigating look.

.
Officer Paul Heavens:

    "Let's go inside and have some more coffee."

.

V followed the police officer as he wandered his eyes inside the house.

The house was painted white white and an accent of pitch black.

V saw picture frames of the officer hanging on the wall with his colleagues back when he was younger.
He followed him until they reached a stair going down.

A basement? V raised his eyebrow. Why would he be staying at the basement? He gave the officer a displeased look.

~

Officer Paul Heavens:

       "I had it all ready for you. Don't worry."

~

The officer opened the door and V followed him inside the old room.

It was spacious than he expected. The furnitures looked antique but clean. There were huge empty  book shelves, a single couch adjacent to a bed with a canopy.

He suddenly remembered his luxurious bed in hell.

But he missed his old bed in the convent more where Father Phillipe would be waking him up to ask help for some labour in the church and convent.

He smirked, as he remembered how he declined to any of the favour being asked.

He's got a new room, a new place to stay and might as well a space to consider home.

~

Officer Paul Heavens:

          "The shower in your bathroom works well. Just in case you wanted to have one. I'm going upstairs to prepare some coffee. See you later, kid."

~

V threw his bag on the bed. Then he threw himself to it too.

Closing his eyes, he started to think of himself as an orphan.

A kid owned by no one.
A lost kid.

After he indulged himself in a deep thought, he went to the bathroom and took a shower.

The water was cold.

But it wasn't as cold as the pouring rain which soaked him when he found himself lying on the ground with his broken wings the moment he arrived in St. Magdalene's Village.