Wrath (2)

Monica blinked her eyes and almost couldn't believe she answered him that way.

It was an involuntary act of honesty.

Then she opened the door and pushed V away.

...
...
...

V stared at the door.
The door to open the village's sinful eyes and disguting minds of humans and their hunger for vices.

V:

"Heaven on Earth.
How blasphemous."

He was about to take another step when the drunk man bumped his body and pushed him right after.

V got annoyed not just by the smell of vodka but because he hated being pushed.

He thought than no one..

No one dares to have a body contact with V Morningstar.

He took a deep breath and just let it pass. After all... he never liked to deal with an old wasted man.

V was too uninterested to deal with him.

He didn't want to waste his time.

..
..
..
..

The man opened the door and yelled at Monica who was still there in front of the door after he drove V away from inside the club.

She was very helpless... Because she decided not to fight back. She just let him hit her.

V did nothing. He just watched the drunk man hit Monica and even spat on her.

Disgusting man and his disgusing saliva...

But V just watched and decided to turn his back from them.

He showed no mercy.

He didn't want to intervene.

Then he left and never looked back.

**********************

^ THE NEXT DAY ^

V took his seat in front of Father Phillipe to have breakfast with him.

He was about to take a bite but Father Phillipe stopped him through his sign of the cross and a prayer to bless the food they were about to partake.

V rolled his eyes and as he uttered,

"

"AMEN"

Father Phillipe:

"There are plenty of reasons to thank for V.  It includes the food we eat and the kind people around us."

V raised his eyebrow as he faced Father Phillipe. Then he thought of Monica and her good for nothing drunkard husband.

V:

"Your kindness annoys me priest."

Father Phillipe kicked V's foot. V calling him with just "priest" and not his name made him dismayed.